What Watch do you wear when you hunt?

Last year when I was back where I come from I had to take my breitling seawolf into the jewellery shop I got it from...family friends...as after 20 plus years of getting hammered the strap needed replacing....glass needed replacing...and the face mounts had broken so the face had slightly turned....my friend said mmmm....this has to go back to the factory....so as was only there for 2 weeks needed to find something to use, as my other watches aren't really made for that kind of hammering....so as had seen the solar powered watches I thought would be interesting to try one...its a citizen ecodrive titanium one with fabric strap...am impressed with it....has stood up well for the last 12 months

20230604_133135.jpg

Bought my Planet Ocean GMT pre-owned a few years ago and it's become my favorite for travel-adventure. Really enjoy the GMT complication. Doesn't attract attention other than from a few watch nerds like me. Gathering/sorting gear today for our early July trip. Can't wait!
IMG_3268 Omega.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 8.14.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 8.14.34 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 53
I wear a Tissot Seastar powermatic 80.I've worn it for years and trips to Zimbabwe and Zambia it still keeps perfect time (for an automatic)much better than the rolex I had before.

Rolex GMT II, faded Pepsi bezel. From boardrooms to the bush
Yep, I've got the Pepsi bezel as well. What is amazing is how much more that watch is worth than when I bought it....something not mentioned much in this thread. It is currently worth 400% more than what I paid for it.

I did not buy it as an investment and was somewhat shocked (in a good way) when I saw what the used models are selling for today here in the US.

That said, I mostly wear my Apple Watch for practical business purposes these days. What is the consensus on wearing an Apple Watch hunting....especially in something like a Leopard blind? Thanks!

Last edited:
I wear a Tissot Seastar powermatic 80.I've worn it for years and trips to Zimbabwe and Zambia it still keeps perfect time (for an automatic)much better than the rolex I had before.
I looked up the Seastar Powermatic 80, really nice watch. I like that the date window is at the 6-o'clock position instead of 3. I prefer that kind of symmetry in a watch.

My parents bought me a Tissot watch on a trip to Aruba in 1987. I didn't realize it was a Seastar until I went to take a picture of it.
1686993061581.png

Yep, I've got the Pepsi bezel as well. What is amazing is how much more that watch is worth than when I bought it....something not mentioned much in this thread. It is currently worth 400% more than what I paid for it.

I did not buy it as an investment and was somewhat shocked (in a good way) when I saw what the used models are selling for today here in the US.

That said, I mostly wear my Apple Watch for practical business purposes these days. What is the consensus on wearing an Apple Watch hunting....especially in something like a Leopard blind? Thanks!

Yeah I had a couple of rolexes a few years ago....I fancied one of them again and looked on line to see prices as couldn't see it new on the website...I found out rolex only made it for 2 years and is quite rare....2nd hand I found one and was in usa was $146,000.00....and was sold....when I sold mine it was in the days of them not holding their value ....so i won't be getting another one it seems.... :X3: ...the other one I haven't bothered to look up as that one depressed me enough

Yeah I had a couple of rolexes a few years ago....I fancied one of them again and looked on line to see prices as couldn't see it new on the website...I found out rolex only made it for 2 years and is quite rare....2nd hand I found one and was in usa was $146,000.00....and was sold....when I sold mine it was in the days of them not holding their value ....so i won't be getting another one it seems.... :X3: ...the other one I haven't bothered to look up as that one depressed me enough
Rolex prices skyrocketed in the last 10 years. It’s crazy.

I’ve never been a Rolex guy, but they are high quality timepieces…made to be used, not just looked at.

Pictures of my Seastar. I've worn it several years no problems.

Attachments

• 20230617_143224.jpg
    20230617_143224.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 67
  • 20230617_143246.jpg
    20230617_143246.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 59
Rolex prices skyrocketed in the last 10 years. It’s crazy.

I’ve never been a Rolex guy, but they are high quality timepieces…made to be used, not just looked at.

Don't worry mine were worn ....partying big time :E Big Grin: :A Banana::D Cheers:....this was it....loved it...another brain fade sale same as my 470 rigby.... :X3: :A Bonk:

Screenshot_20230213_175728_Chrome.jpg

Stowa Flieger here. Simple, classic, elegant and more importantly not something I’d lose sleep over adding a few scratches to. I’m wearing the Antique Bronze in 36mm case nowadays.View attachment 419365
I have a Stowa Flieger as well and love it - I have the 40mm stainless case. I occasionally see them out and about, but not very frequently.
20180505_111642.jpg

For most of my hunts I wear a Rolex Sea Dweller, I have had the watch for over 30 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you