What Watch do you wear when you hunt?

@Tanks I'm not usually one for the done up chrono's but that is cool. Breitling usually does the colored faces really well. I would wear the heck out of that thing.

Can you post a pic of it on your wrist when you get it?
Here you go. Testing it shooting sporting clays this weekend.

1624049489432.png

Usually don't wear any watch (while hunting or otherwise) except if I am tied to maintaining a specific schedule. For game seasons which are regulated by time (e.g., "half-hour before sunrise..." etc.) I will don a Timex Expedition. Rugged, practical, unobtrusive, and $45 as I recall it.

But to each his own. I can certainly appreciate the workmanship and engineering that goes into a high-dollar watch, but don't feel the need for one. Pocket watches however, are another matter. :)

My GMT2 runs out of power quite quickly.
It could probably use a service. Most authorized service center advise every 5-7 years for cleaning and service.

I love watches so I appreciate some of the pictures posted of cool high-end pieces. However, I usually don't wear a watch when hunting. There are really only 3 events when I'm in the field:

1. Just light enough to shoot
2. I'm hungry...let's sit down and eat
3. Too dim to shoot

The PH will advise when the sun is too low to engage. So I really don't need one. When I do feel like wearing one, it's a good but cheap model that I don't mind losing or having stolen. Like this one.

IMG_0594.jpg

Just noticed that the date is wrong!

If I ever get the opportunity to hunt stag again, I may decide to use this one. ;)

Hubertus_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Timex Expedition has been going with me for 7 years now. In RSA now!

4FF44638-0325-4DAA-B334-E87EFDC23F78.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Except for that clown from the Pocono Mtns a few pages back, what a great thread! Like many others here, I enjoy and appreciate the craftsmanship of my watches in the same way I enjoy fine rifles, optics, cars, knives, cameras etc. A watch is about so much more than telling time. A cool watch, regardless of cost, is always an integral part of my field kit and simply adds to the memories of the hunt. SD43 has been my companion for years. A long sleeve shirt keeps the watch covered when in questionable areas.
99AE03BA-C669-4D26-A8D7-57512B1D4956.jpeg

I wear a Luminox 3005 with a rubber strap. I love it because it has taken any abuse I've given it and it keeps running. Plus, the lume is amazing so I can tell the time with ease, even at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross