What TV hunting personality?

I would rather not hunt with a "celebrity."

I would be inclined to bid less on a hunt with a "celebrity", than one without at a SCI fundraiser.

I would like to meet Craig Boddington and Steve Rinella, because I respect them, but I don't have a desire to hunt with them.

I used to think that I would like to hunt with Peter Capstick, but now, I've even changed my mind on that.

I want my PH focused on me and a personal friend

Not for a video.

Not for a "famous" person.

Not a hunting personality, but a hunter, Joe Rogan. I enjoyed watching his first hunt with Steve Rinella and he was hooked. He's an intelligent person and pretty funny. The type I enjoy hunting and sitting around camp with. Maybe Jeff Foxworthy. I remember watching a dvd of him deer hunting. Like many here, I've been around a few celebrities in my time and it's mostly a letdown. Bill Paxton was an exception, he was a very humble guy.

But on a more serious note, Kip Campbell of Red Arrow seems like a fun dude to hang around with.
@Tbitty - interesting, and I agree he might be Fun to hang around with - for an hour, Not sure I could take a full day or week in Camp with him….but in fairness, have No idea what’s he’s really like (seems like a constant “commercial” for selling products).
On a similar Note - Blain Anthony? Might appeal to those born after Y2K but a tough to watch show - does he ever “shut up”? However, all these guys might be very nice/normal once the “switch” gets turned off.

@Tbitty - interesting, and I agree he might be Fun to hang around with - for an hour, Not sure I could take a full day or week in Camp with him….but in fairness, have No idea what’s he’s really like (seems like a constant “commercial” for selling products).
On a similar Note - Blain Anthony? Might appeal to those born after Y2K but a tough to watch show - does he ever “shut up”? However, all these guys might be very nice/normal once the “switch” gets turned off.
I just like Kip's enthusiasm for doe hunting and filling freezers with meat- it's not all about moster bucks. Brings his family along some and seems more fun to be around. That, and I get amusement from his product commercials that run during his show.

But I'd certainly agree if he was non-stop plugging products it would grow tiresome quickly.

I'm 100% in agreement about Blain. Not to mention he often has cliffhangers on his show to "tune in next week and see what happens" or does really dumb $hit out in the field. In one episode while bear hunting he's talking at normal level and says it's all cause of his (insert scent control product) that the bear doesn't know he's there. BS. ... I wouldn't last long in camp with him, unless he is completely different when the camera isn't rolling.

On a wild adventure I'd probably go Shockey. As long as he doesn't bring that pink swimsuit he's been posting pictures in.

Tred Barta would be fun to hunt with for a day. Just to see how fired up he would get when everything goes wrong (as it tends to do on my hunts).

On a wild adventure I'd probably go Shockey. As long as he doesn't bring that pink swimsuit he's been posting pictures in.

Tred Barta would be fun to hunt with for a day. Just to see how fired up he would get when everything goes wrong (as it tends to do on my hunts).

Tred Barta. Now that’s a name I have not thought about in a long time. Last I remember didn’t he go through some serious health issues? I don’t remember the name of his tv show but I remember him being a hell of a tuna fisherman. Was also fun to watch him hunt with his longbow.

Tred Barta. Now that’s a name I have not thought about in a long time. Last I remember didn’t he go through some serious health issues? I don’t remember the name of his tv show but I remember him being a hell of a tuna fisherman. Was also fun to watch him hunt with his longbow.
I believe it was a spinal stroke that left him in a wheelchair.

Funny you mention Blain Anthony. I don't think there is a person I would like to hunt with less than him. Shut the F&$* up already!!!

My brother was in deer camp in Saskatchewan several years ago and Waddell was also there. All Waddell wanted to do was chase the Indian women (no wonder he's divorced several times). He's a fraud, and a womanizing POS. At least he was. Guided Bill Jordan in SW KS back in th landowner tag days, and he was very much overly impressed with himself. Blanton is a great guy though. Also guided Larry Weishuhn for mule deer in West TX quite a few years ago. He was nice enough, extremely lazy, and wouldn't stay on a mule deer track for more than half a mile before mentioning he wanted to go back to the truck.

If you had the opportunity, which TV hunting personality would you go on a hunting trip with? And what would you want to hunt, where?

I'll start. I'd pay alot of money to hunt with Steven Rinella in Alaska. Moose or brown bear.

2nd choice - Eva Shockey...hunting not required
Nick of Wild Ride, Jim Shokey but for real entertainment value, the motor city madman himself, Uncle Ted Nugent!

My brother was in deer camp in Saskatchewan several years ago and Waddell was also there. All Waddell wanted to do was chase the Indian women (no wonder he's divorced several times). He's a fraud, and a womanizing POS. At least he was. Guided Bill Jordan in SW KS back in th landowner tag days, and he was very much overly impressed with himself. Blanton is a great guy though. Also guided Larry Weishuhn for mule deer in West TX quite a few years ago. He was nice enough, extremely lazy, and wouldn't stay on a mule deer track for more than half a mile before mentioning he wanted to go back to the truck.
@JGRaider: interesting comments and heard same about two of those clowns, but while I wouldn’t want to hunt with any of them - admire their ability to make-a-living doing what we all love to do but have to “spend $$ to do it”

... but Eva Shockey in a pink swimsuit is fine all day (and night) long.

1714611671803.png

If you had the opportunity, which TV hunting personality would you go on a hunting trip with? And what would you want to hunt, where?

I'll start. I'd pay alot of money to hunt with Steven Rinella in Alaska. Moose or brown bear.

2nd choice - Eva Shockey...hunting not required
I would like to share a camp with Jim Zumbo. I've met.him two or three times over the years and believe he's a genuinely good guy.

@EarlT,
I met Nick in the Joburg airport last year coming home from a hunt. I didn’t know he had a TV show and we just struck up a conversation about the hunts we had just finished. He was a super nice guy, real down to earth. Saw him again at SCI and said hello and we chatted for a few more minutes. Wasn’t until after SCI did I see his show and when I saw it I told my wife I’d met that guy before.

My cousin actually went on a hunt in Michigan with Ted Nugent.

He had a good time and said that Ted was a good host.

I don’t remember if he had a hunting show per se, but I remember Babe Winkelman on Saturday TV doing fishing shows. That would be a guy I could hunt with.

John
I would say Tom Miranda. although he is a bow hunter I have it on good authority he is a good humble down to earth guy which is my kind of person

Yup. Meateater’s goal is to be a 100 million dollar company. They are heavily financed by The Chernin Group - essentially they are getting people interested in the outdoors to sell them stuff. That is a far cry from when rinella wrote his first book.
Yes, Rinella sold out to the enemy, Meat Eater is owned by The Chernin Group. Not a company I'll ever support in the hunting industry.

Take it for what it's worth.
I only bring it up because the majority of who idolize the "Meat Eater" group don't realize that the hard earned dollars they spend on product from Chernin aka "Meat Eater", "First Lite", "FHF", "Barstool Outdoors", "Phelps Game calls" and "Dave Smith Decoys" is turned around and used to actively take away the very rights that we cherish.
1000001288.jpg

I just can't fathom supporting a company that markets and makes millions off of customers that love guns, hunting, traditional values, and the outdoors and turns around and gives that money(hundreds of thousands of dollars) to the very people that hate what we love and want our constitutional rights taken away.

Vote with your dollars

Yes, Rinella sold out to the enemy, Meat Eater is owned by The Chernin Group. Not a company I'll ever support in the hunting industry.

Take it for what it's worth.
I only bring it up because the majority of who idolize the "Meat Eater" group don't realize that the hard earned dollars they spend on product from Chernin aka "Meat Eater", "First Lite", "FHF", "Barstool Outdoors", "Phelps Game calls" and "Dave Smith Decoys" is turned around and used to actively take away the very rights that we cherish.
View attachment 603630
I just can't fathom supporting a company that markets and makes millions off of customers that love guns, hunting, traditional values, and the outdoors and turns around and gives that money(hundreds of thousands of dollars) to the very people that hate what we love and want our constitutional rights taken away.

Vote with your dollars
Quite a shocker for a guy from (Non U. Ted territory) MI! LOL (My son/dentist has said the same about his credibility.)

I can't think of a single "hunting personality" that I'd want to hunt with or share a camp with.

I shared a camp with a whale, who was on species number 350 and it was a shit show. I just want to hunt with regular dudes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twila5206

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.