What to do with your warthog?

Thought I would through another picture in. Got the last shot at sunset so this is what I got to look at for 14 months as I waited till the Dip and Ship got back to the states.
image.jpeg

Great pic!

That's a hog of a hog!

I think its Dennis at The Artistry of Wildlife that does a warthog as a "rocking warthog." Anyway, Princess Bride saw the pictures and has declared that she will have one for her grandchildren to play on. It is probably going to require a really nice double gun to take such a critter.:sneaky:

Thought I would through another picture in. Got the last shot at sunset so this is what I got to look at for 14 months as I waited till the Dip and Ship got back to the states.
View attachment 58213

Not sure which is bigger the tusks or the smile:D(y)

Did you take that hog with your bow?

Did you take that hog with your bow?

Hi Jeff
Not sure if you are talking to me but if you are. I didn't take my bow on my second safari because I wanted to see more of SA than I did on the first one. This one was shot with the Ruger #1 in 300 WM that I got to take there for the hunt. First shot was about 50 yd's walking away on the left side 3/4ing away back leg to front right leg. My PH tracked him about 75 yd's when he was standing under a bush and he told me to shoot him again. He flipped over on his back legs up dead at sunset.
Tom

Thats 2 monster pigs posted on this thread!!! I imagine if I get one like either of these, I would do the shoulder mount and a skull mount

@Royal27 My friend that is a big pig! No bs but we cannot compete with other parts of the country for pigs like that.
BUT they are lots of fun to hunt/shoot!!
Everything in life has a purpose and I think that warthogs is there to shoot at!
Will will give that a go and have fun doing it!

@Royal27 My friend that is a big pig! No bs but we cannot compete with other parts of the country for pigs like that.
BUT they are lots of fun to hunt/shoot!!
Everything in life has a purpose and I think that warthogs is there to shoot at!
Will will give that a go and have fun doing it!

I know Beans. I was teasing you!

Can't wait to run around after them in general. Besides buff I really did enjoy chasing pigs more than any other animal, even Kudu.

I wouldn't want to be a Warthog in the EC!

I want to play with the load a little more, just because, but that will sure work if tweaks don't improve it!

I've read about some 300 WSMs not likely 180 grain ttsx, mine obviously does though.

I want to play with the load a little more, just because, but that will sure work if tweaks don't improve it!

I've read about some 300 WSMs not likely 180 grain ttsx, mine obviously does though.

Now my Daddy's oldest brother always said that the secret to being a good shot is knowing when to put your gun up.

Now this was said to all us cousins right after my uncle had hit a empty 12 gauge shell at 150yds with his Ruger Mark 1 22 pistol. Right after the shot he cleared his pistol put it in its case and we could never get him to attempt the shot again.

You are shooting plenty good enough. I bet Col. Rudder could have used you with the 2nd Ranger Battalion on June 6(y)

I grew up shooting a 16 guage double barrel. In college I hadn't shot it in several years and decided to bring it out. I bragged to my buddies and told them I was pretty good with it. Five shots and five dead ducks later I put it down and told the guys they could keep shooting.

What I didn't tell them was that on the fifth shot I was well behind the duck I was aiming at and hit the duck behind it on accident. :E Big Grin:

I'm going to take that shotgun to SA on this trip by the way. Maybe I might just see two little antelope and hit the trailer, you just never know.

I want considering a warthog on my first trip to Namibia, but maybe I should rethink this. Those pigs are huge and look great. What a shoulder mount those would make!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IonaLannin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!