What to do with your warthog?

I think I'm in the same boat Royal, if its a real good one, then probably shoulder, if not the most likely skull mount
 
I've done the same thing with other animals. If it isnt a great animal, or doesn't have a special reason, a skull is a fantastic option and for me personally will bring back just as many memories, while saving money and space.
 
I like the skull bronzed. I think it highlights the white tusks. Of course I'm also running out of wall space for shoulder mounts.
I agree with this quote!!!
I just had this done.
image.jpeg
 
Outstanding! I'll do this if I get one this year
 
Do I see a coaster from Jodi in that picture? I bought 2 five packs myself. They are fantastic!
 
It was my Warthog that was the pattern for this one:)
 
I have a warthog in transit to my taxidermist in SA. This will be a full mount with tails high (running, with details). Plan to put it beside my recliner in the living room, and will ask my wife whoever she'll prefer :whistle:
 
I swear God, if I ever shoot a true Monster warthog, he might be a full mount! I'm talking 15 inch or greater!
 
I shoulder mounted one with artificial teeth and saved the skull and teeth for the euro wall plaque, after that I've just brought the teeth home in my luggage and displayed the teeth.
 
Thanks for all the ways of displaying you guys have mentioned!
 
@jeff ,

I like that idea of keeping the skull for display and using artificial tusks in the shoulder mount
 
I had only planned on having the skull cleaned and bleached on my first warthog. That was until I shot a great one and I may never have a chance at another of the same quality. So now, I'm having the tusks reproduced for the shoulder mount and keeping the original tusks with the skull (I may eventually go with the bronzing).
DSCN2047.JPG
 
I had only planned on having the skull cleaned and bleached on my first warthog. That was until I shot a great one and I may never have a chance at another of the same quality. So now, I'm having the tusks reproduced for the shoulder mount and keeping the original tusks with the skull (I may eventually go with the bronzing).
View attachment 58184

Uhm....

When your pig looks like a small ele you've done purdy good. :E Shocked:

Do you have any skull pics yet? Would love to see them.
 
Uhm....

When your pig looks like a small ele you've done purdy good. :E Shocked:

Do you have any skull pics yet? Would love to see them.
Royal,

I hope to have a photo or two shortly. I will post once I have them in hand. Both tusks were over 13", a true beauty for my first.

Mike
 
That is a beauty. If you can say that about a pig.
 
That is a monster, a hog of my dreams !!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,313
Messages
1,572,588
Members
169,590
Latest member
JosephGrefe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top