What rifle do you think?

2nd hand .375 H&H with mauser-type action. Thats all from me.

Hope you find it.
 
I do have my Green card and SS# and have checked with all security customs and they said I was fine with this. I have citizenship in the US. I went to college there and have lived there for some time. Sorry for not metioning that. I will probably end up buying it myself when I visit
 
Yes a great friend of mine will buy the rifle with me here in the US and he will bring it back with him on his next trip.

Permanently exporting firearms from the USA, if done within the rules that I understand, requires an export permit and (only US citizens can apply for it).
Without it: His risk, as when your buddy returns without the rifle he will be asked where the rifle he took is?

This is the wonderful process that makes the process untenable for me to import rifles from the USA personally.

Hope you can pull it off.
 
I do have my Green card and SS# and have checked with all security customs and they said I was fine with this. I have citizenship in the US. I went to college there and have lived there for some time. Sorry for not metioning that. I will probably end up buying it myself when I visit

Sounds like you have it covered. I would say go with a .375HH in a CZ 550 or Win M70 whichever you prefer. You'll have enough leftover for a good scope.
 
US Citizenship changes things: Purchasing should be no big deal at all.
I would just make sure that "exporting it permanently" is not an issue.

You should have it covered.
 
Brickburn correct it should not be a problem just takes time.

My best always.
 
A 9.3x62 would be almost ideal for your purpose.
I've been using two rifles in this calibre for some time now and have had excellent results on the game you have noted pus quite a few Buffalo also.
The second hand market is good in the USA (also in the RSA) and I would recommend a quality Mauser M98 actioned rifle .
 
Ux check with your local CFO, it will have to be temp inported, this is valid for three months, during this time you do the permanent there are regulations in place for this, I did my double the same way, speak to your CFO or contact henry Durheim at henry@riflepermits.com tell him I referred you he can set all up, I can also give you his cell if you do not already have it.

My best always!
 
Classic being an SA ph he is restricted by law to a 375 with the 9,3 he would also be restricted to buff and as a ph I am of the opinion that at least a 375 would be the minimum for his spesific needs, I get the usefullnes of a 9,3 but in this case it would just not crack the nut.

My best always!
 
Jaco,
As a PH I wouldn't have recommended a 9.3 but I was under the assumption he was just hunting on his property as a non guide.
 
Thanks for all the help guys. You all made it very clear on what to do and I appreciate it very much. I think ill just buy it on my own if I can bring it back but if not, I wont risk it. Good hunting and a great new year to everyone.
 
Contact Henry, you will be able to import whatever you want, the leagal way!;-)

My best always.
 
9.3x62, 375 H&H or a 338 Win.

I think a 375 H&H would be a winner most days. There is just a lot of history and data on the cartridge.
 
Just get a 35Whelen, when I come back over to hunt, at least I would have someone to leave my ammo with. lol
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,574,046
Members
169,889
Latest member
flavbemonra1988
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top