What rifle do you think?

2nd hand .375 H&H with mauser-type action. Thats all from me.

Hope you find it.

I do have my Green card and SS# and have checked with all security customs and they said I was fine with this. I have citizenship in the US. I went to college there and have lived there for some time. Sorry for not metioning that. I will probably end up buying it myself when I visit

Yes a great friend of mine will buy the rifle with me here in the US and he will bring it back with him on his next trip.

Permanently exporting firearms from the USA, if done within the rules that I understand, requires an export permit and (only US citizens can apply for it).
Without it: His risk, as when your buddy returns without the rifle he will be asked where the rifle he took is?

This is the wonderful process that makes the process untenable for me to import rifles from the USA personally.

Hope you can pull it off.

I do have my Green card and SS# and have checked with all security customs and they said I was fine with this. I have citizenship in the US. I went to college there and have lived there for some time. Sorry for not metioning that. I will probably end up buying it myself when I visit

Sounds like you have it covered. I would say go with a .375HH in a CZ 550 or Win M70 whichever you prefer. You'll have enough leftover for a good scope.

US Citizenship changes things: Purchasing should be no big deal at all.
I would just make sure that "exporting it permanently" is not an issue.

You should have it covered.

Brickburn correct it should not be a problem just takes time.

My best always.

A 9.3x62 would be almost ideal for your purpose.
I've been using two rifles in this calibre for some time now and have had excellent results on the game you have noted pus quite a few Buffalo also.
The second hand market is good in the USA (also in the RSA) and I would recommend a quality Mauser M98 actioned rifle .

Ux check with your local CFO, it will have to be temp inported, this is valid for three months, during this time you do the permanent there are regulations in place for this, I did my double the same way, speak to your CFO or contact henry Durheim at henry@riflepermits.com tell him I referred you he can set all up, I can also give you his cell if you do not already have it.

My best always!

Classic being an SA ph he is restricted by law to a 375 with the 9,3 he would also be restricted to buff and as a ph I am of the opinion that at least a 375 would be the minimum for his spesific needs, I get the usefullnes of a 9,3 but in this case it would just not crack the nut.

My best always!

Jaco,
As a PH I wouldn't have recommended a 9.3 but I was under the assumption he was just hunting on his property as a non guide.

Thanks for all the help guys. You all made it very clear on what to do and I appreciate it very much. I think ill just buy it on my own if I can bring it back but if not, I wont risk it. Good hunting and a great new year to everyone.

Contact Henry, you will be able to import whatever you want, the leagal way!;-)

My best always.

9.3x62, 375 H&H or a 338 Win.

I think a 375 H&H would be a winner most days. There is just a lot of history and data on the cartridge.

Just get a 35Whelen, when I come back over to hunt, at least I would have someone to leave my ammo with. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg