What Line Of Work Are You In

I was drafted out of Auburn University in 1986, went on to play a year and a half in A ball was promoted to AA in late 87. Started in AA in 88 stayed there until late in the 89 season when I was promoted to AAA . In 89 developed back trouble and retired after the 91 season. All in the Atlanta Braves organization.
I bet you have some great stories about life on the road

Well dang… Since my last post in this thread 9 years ago…

I retired as a Longshoreman from the Shipping / Maritime / Cargo industry with 25 years of service….
I operated cranes and heavy equipment in Antarctica for a year…
Now I am working on the DEW Line Stations on the North Slope of Alaska for a defense contractor doing everything from heavy equipment operation, to diesel power generation, and facilities maintenance….

Time sure flys…. My first post in this thread seems like just yesterday….

I am the senior controls engineer for a robotics integration company. We build the stuff for the people that build the stuff lol. We build robotics assembly lines and systems for a lot of different companies around the world. Aluminum welding for Tesla, and Lucid, heavy plate welding for John Deere and Hitachi excavators, custom machines for GE, palletizing for Sonoco and about anything else you can think of to do with robots, except paint.

After some failed attempts to hit it big I'm currently a painting Contractor with 12 fulltime painters.
I paint commercial and private buildings and I am really enjoying it. As a business owner in South Africa it has a ot of stress associatted to it, but it keeps me on my toes.

Love to see the facelift on some of the paintjobs.

If I'm not working then its family with my son almost done with school, shooting and hunting as much as possible.

Did I mention I looovvveee shoooting and hunting????? And Guns.

I've been retired since Feb 1996 from 31 years with American Airlines. Before that I wore many hats from my first job on my grand father's Texas hill country ranch, to a paper boy in the little town near our ranch, and to heavy equipment Operator on some very large projects in two countries,to 18 months in the US Army,and back to heavy equiptment, till the age of 28 years of age when I went to work for AAL as an aircraft maintenance technician,a skill I got in the Army, and finished with them as a crew chief coordinator at D/FW till I retired.
I retired from AA in 2008. 39 years.. Glad I'm retired lol

Well dang… Since my last post in this thread 9 years ago…

I retired as a Longshoreman from the Shipping / Maritime / Cargo industry with 25 years of service….
I operated cranes and heavy equipment in Antarctica for a year…
Now I am working on the DEW Line Stations on the North Slope of Alaska for a defense contractor doing everything from heavy equipment operation, to diesel power generation, and facilities maintenance….

Time sure flys…. My first post in this thread seems like just yesterday….
Really cool .. Have you spent time "On the Water", Ships?
Interesting none the less. Thank you.

A Must See! .. Mid-Low Tropical Depression

Last edited:
Every time we were Held by the "Arthur M. Anderson" .. I would try to get a Photo.
It's Spooky to still see it, the Hx, etc.
arthur m anderson.jpg
and.jpg

Interesting, Thank you.

This is must see ;
I have worked on lots of them (all sizes types) loading / unloading in port.
My sea time was limited to Tug Boats and barges in Alaska, mostly down around the Aleutian Islands.
I spent just enough time at sea to appreciate being a land lubber :D

I work with individuals and companies in developing intriguing narratives regarding their inventive technologies and then utilize those narratives to: (1) convince a government office to provide forms of protection based on said narratives and (2) enforce those protections on my clients' behalves.

In other words, I'm an attorney.

Interesting none the less. Thank you.

A Must See! .. Mid-Low Tropical Depression
@Daniel Cary
Bugger that mate. I get sea sick in a bath tub.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KayleneMoa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.