What is this thing? And what is it for?

The Beretta Holding (which owns both Beretta USA and Benelli USA) acquired a majority ownership of Chapuis. In the US, marketing, product and distribution of Chapuis long-guns have been given to Benelli USA--which also governs Benelli, Franchi, Stoeger and Uberti. The Manhurin revolver has been given instead to Beretta USA.

I work for Benelli USA as the product manager of Uberti and Chapuis.
So you're the guy I need to suck up to then. Got it.

Good job to you and your French colleagues on those Chapuis though. Very nice handling pieces. Benelli... eh.

51% of the time this is the correct solution for all things. I have no idea if that applies with doubles though.
With a double rifle, it is recommended that you give it a double tap. This term was invented long before practical pistol shooting- in fact it is the origin of the phrase. Early gunsmiths used the double tap for many years and the practical pistol crowd acquired the useful expression.

If tapping with a hammer doesnt work then you need to use a bigger hammer. At that point the part usually moves but is now damaged and you throw it away and get a new one. That is why double rifles cost so much. Follow me for more useful advice on how to use a hammer and the origins of useful firearm terms :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.