Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Belgium, Scotland, Slovenia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Hi all,

this is probably a very stupid question, very obvious for most of the knowledgeable owners of doubles, but I saw this in a video on Youtube. I was always under the impression that the front of a double is simply flat, yet there appears to be a piece of metal sticking out in the middle. What is it for?

1633809455886.png

Thanks!

V.

My friends Merkel has this feature.

It is regulated, but it allows for future adjustment to a different bullet and load if necessary

Do you just tap it with a hammer?

Lol.

No, but at least if you melt all the solder you can get at the wedge and move it in or out as required.

Beyond that, I'm no barrel guru, so who knows!

It's a Chapuis 470 Nitro double and they are supposed to have that wedge! As JJ told me it's so the rifle can be regulated for a different loading in the future. The rifles are very well regulated from the factory, but they understand that in the future the regulation load may not be available.

Looks like the end of the regulation wedge sticking out.
I assumed it would be something like this. But on a multi thousand dollar double, which in the end is in part bought for the aesthetics, I find it very bizarre to see such an "ugly" piece attached to it.

The purpose I understand, but there should be more elegant solutions than that no?

@VertigoBE
Why not asking the manufacturer? (of course, after reading owners manual first)

@VertigoBE
Why not asking the manufacturer? (of course, after reading owners manual first)
Well the Heym I bought, does not have this. And I just saw this in a youtube video from a couple hunting Africa. I do not know what brand his double is. So difficult to ask the manufacturer about it :)

Edit: I hope the Heym I bought won't have this :oops: just checked all the pictures I have and I cannot actually see the muzzle end... Well, it will be a surprise...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross