Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
What do you guys do with the hippo, besides using the skull and hide. Any use for the ft? I've seen ele ft turned into stools.

IMG_5903.JPG
I found this online. Looks like you can make small tables and I bet you could probably makes stools as well.

I have seen it used as feet for a coffee table.

At a couple of lodges I stayed, the skulls were made a decoration in gardens. They looked nice. Also somewhere I saw a coffee table made from a skull with a glass top. It looked nice.
Not hippo skin, but heavy leather staps were used for a hanging wood table. Interesting.
I understand the skin made into leather makes a lot of things from shoes (Courtneys for example), purses, belts, cartridge belts, satches, etc.
But, I have never seen the feet used. I’m sure there has been a lot done with ever part. Just finding it somewhere on the internet.

What do you guys do with the hippo, besides using the skull and hide. Any use for the ft? I've seen ele ft turned into stools.
I’ve taken many hippos due to using them for lion bait. I was advised not to mount one as the repros are far better. I just brought the teeth (see my post A Tiny Bit Of Progress) and the skins tanned in two colors. Murray leather made me some gun cases and Russell Moccasin made me some custom boots.
I brought rhino skin hope to do some of the same as well as the feet.
Use your imagination it’s fun!
Philip

Like Mr Glass i use them for great lion bait. Someone once asked why i had shot so many hippos? Because I am a lousy lion hunter. I gave a set of teeth to my dentist,

Good Afternoon Sir

I was reading through the threads and came across yours.
Here are some ideas for you.
I hope this helps.

Kind regards.

Hippo Foot Ashtray - GG165 (Medium).jpg
Hippo Foot Bowl - GG166 (Medium).jpg
Hippo Foot Ice Bucket.jpg
Hippo Shouldermount - HH161.jpg
Hippo Skull Bleach and Clean - GG164 (Medium).jpg
Hippo Teeth.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mchahine

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,