What can be done

My 2 cents
A weapon is a weapon and doesn’t care who wields it.
One of the largest mass murders in our history was done with a can of gas and a chain with a padlock in the Bronx in 1990.
Our society has lost its fear of God and judgement.
The media And our politicians do nothing but pump hate and division 24/7.
Social media which allows cowardly loud mouths to spew their hate and vitriol without fear of getting their nose mashed.
Lastly, we no longer lock away nut jobs but instead give them a prescription and then act surprised when they fail to self medicate properly.
Doubt that last one? Volunteer to help on a rescue squad or an outreach to the homeless and you’ll know exactly how correct it is.

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen - what can be done? Unfortunately nothing. Perhaps being more vigilant on angst-riddled teenagers, but then again we come to whose responsibility this would be. Schools can barely teach, let alone care for people individually. Too many parents are either absent or working full time to make ends meet. Churches are empty and increasingly ridiculed in our society.

Disarming the law abiding for the sins of criminals is as morally repugnant as it gets--all you need to do is see who's always rushing to wave the bloody shirts of the newly dead to agitate for less freedom for us and more power for them. You almost get the sense that they don't view these as tragedies, but as opportunities. And lest anyone doubts me, this is exactly why the weekly carnage in places like Chicago and NYC is shrugged off--we already have fewer freedoms there, while they already have the power they want. If it was lives that they really cared about, this wouldn't be the case.

The sad part--and I normally NEVER post about politics or current events, but this obviously struck a powerful chord within us all--is that when you have a society that overvalues nihilism and narcissistic acts at the expense of tried and true "boring" values developed over millennia, you get things like this. In a nation of 350,000,000 people with an increasingly disunited culture and politicians siccing us against one-another, it's actually a miracle that it happens only X number of times a year.

Realistically, the only thing that will stop bad guys intent on mass murder is more law-abiding citizens carrying guns. Sad and imperfect, I know--but none of us has a magic wand and I am never for symbolic gestures masked as good intentions.
Where was Kyle Rittenhouse in Texas and Buffalo ? The GOP made a hero out of him, now every fu cked up kid wants to be a GOP hero.

Yeah right patients were guinea pigs for for nut job scientists and so called doctors.

g
Yep but they weren’t out living in society and committing mass murders. But thanks to the
American
Communist
Liberation
Union
The Supreme Court fixed that for us…. Great idea, let’s let murdering thugs wander around freely in society,,,, what could go wrong….

Yep but they weren’t out living in society and committing mass murders. But thanks to the
American
Communist
Liberation
Union
The Supreme Court fixed that for us…. Great idea, let’s let murdering thugs wander around freely in society,,,, what could go wrong….
We need more 30 round mags and semi auto fire arms correct?

With schools locked down like prisons, I don't see how that kid got into the school in the first place. An 18 year old has no business in an elementary school. But what do you expect when schools are posted gun free zones. That's a big sign saying, "Come get me, I can't fight back." Those signs used to be quite common here but I haven't seen any in some time. I guess someone in the indoctrination dept. (can't call it education anymore) got their head out in the daylight and realized that didn't work.

The US needs to take a lesson from Israel. Teachers there are armed and you don't hear of any of these shooting sprees. "The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

But to do that you have to purge the cackling, squealing libtards amd their sniveling about more senseless gun laws. Didn't take ole Bidumb long to come out with that. That was straight out of Soros's playbook. Good little piece of acting. I thought he was going to bawl there for a minute. But it was quite eveident he didn't give a tinker's damn for the families, just so many empty political words.

In states like mine it's cold. Schools are buildings. Easy to secure. One entrance. Can be locked down.

Texas is warm. Schools are often spread out over a large piece of property. A dozen small buildings mixed between playgrounds, fields and parking. Schools like that are hard to secure. They need manned security.

In our stupid country we can borrow $40,000,000,000 from China to send arms to Ukraine but we can't put an armed police officer at every school.

There is a armed sherrif deputy at my kids schools. In other areas the left works constantly to get police out of schools so they don't intimidate the drug addict children.

Red Ryder Whats that shaggy?
"You betchum, Red Ryder" was Little Beaver's affirmative response to something Red Ryder said in the comics. Hails from the 1940s.
Do all of your liberal friends and family give you greif about being a hunter?
I don't have any liberal friends, just a sister that I rag the hell out of every chance I get.

I don't have any liberal friends, just a sister that I rag the hell out of every chance I get.
Boomer I would not insult you by suggesting you have a liberal friend. I was asking the angry forum democrat.

What politician got rid of the state mental hospitals? Most of these problems is the destruction of the family. People get divorced at the drop of a hat and don't care much about the children as long as they get a new women. There is even some women who just have kids and want the taxpayers to help raise them. This empire will collapse because the dumbest are breeding and the smartest and ones with the most means are having fewer children. Sounds great for the future. Passing more gun laws will do little to stop the killings anymore than passing more restrictions on abortions will save more infants.

Where was Kyle Rittenhouse in Texas and Buffalo ? The GOP made a hero out of him, now every fu cked up kid wants to be a GOP hero.
Comparing Kyle Rittenhouse, who killed three adult attackers in self defense, to someone who just murdered 19 innocent children in a school and in cold blood is an incredibly stupid take on all of this.

We invited gunmen into schools by disarming everyone else there. We created a multi-casualty, soft target environment with absolutely no ability to defend itself. Hardening the outsides of schools isn't the answer. We need to uninvite the gunmen by telling them come at your own risk - you might be the first one to catch a bullet. If a teacher has a conceal carry permit, maybe some extra training for dealing with the school environment, then let them carry conealed in class. It's the only way to stop a shooting before it starts.

I have been watching the news the last couple of days and it has been a lot said about this latest school shooting at an elementary school.
I am deeply saddened at this loss of 19 young school children and 2 teachers.
According to the news California has the highest gun ownership per capita and now Texas wants to beat California in this record.
I don't know what can be done to stop such tragedies. Gun ownership won't stop it nor will gun restrictions.
I would like to hear others thoughts on this. Is education the answer or is it just the way society is now. I don't have any answers.
May God be with all those who have suffered.
Bob
I’m admittedly not a shrink and I wouldn’t claim to know what the cause of or solution to all this is but I see a few common things in many of these.

Many of these young men come from broken, fatherless homes. But we’ve always had guns and broken homes in the US without shootings like this.

I suspect the digital culture and prevalence of social media must be a factor. Young people today have a “look at me” mindset and it shouldn’t surprise us that it bleeds into the psyche of the mentally disturbed. It makes it easy for the Macveigh types to spread their manifestos and capture the audience they desperately desire. It allows those who have a persecuted victim mentality to have a chance to “show them all.” Think of how easy technology has made it to look up and research mass shooters compared to 30 years ago. A disturbed young man can google videos, articles, and analysis of any and every psychopathic narcissist that’s achieved notoriety in the last century.

But I don’t see what can be done about that. The genie is out of the bottle. You could take the guns (and it would mean taking ALL guns) but if our society is still producing mentally ill, isolated, and violent young men who crave attention and some sort of pop culture immortality, I don’t see any reason to assume they won’t use their ability to research on the web to figure out how to make IEDs or the best way to burn an occupied public building. Gun control and security checks didn’t stop ISIS from sneaking a bomb onto that Russian airliner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you