What are you reloading today?

ftrovato

AH elite
Joined
Apr 28, 2023
Messages
1,470
Reaction score
4,533
Location
Pennsylvania USA
Media
134
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
1
Europe
1
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Mozambique (Gaza Province)/South Africa (Eastern Cape)/Scotland/Canada/USA - 10 States
It's a cold Winter day in the Northeastern United States. Winter has taken hold with some strength this year and I find my aging body wanting to be inside to escape the cold. I'm not sure if this 'contentment' is a blessing or curse. Now at 60 years young I'm finally finding some peace indoors.

With this my focus is on reloading ammunition. A couple pics for those of you doing the same...

Stay focused and have fun reminiscing about past and future hunting endeavors!


IMG_9970.jpeg
IMG_9979.jpeg
 
458 win mag, 400 gr CEB solids 79.5 gr AA2230 and fitting a taller front sight on my CZ550 its shooting 7.5 inches high at 25 yards finally settled with 1.5 in high at 25 yards
 
300PRC, 77.0 gr H1000, Hornady 225 ELD-X
I just purchased my first ultra modern cartridge rifle last week!

A 6.5 PRC and I started reloading for it yesterday. I'm going to use it in Scotland this September stalking Red Stag, Sika & Roe Deer.

Very excited because I've always been a traditionalist when it came to calibers with the most recent developed in 1962 the 340 Weatherby Magnum. Then most everything I own beyond the 340 was from the early 1900's & earlier (30-30, 30-06, 416 RIGBY, 45-70, 470 NE, 500 NE.......) all oldies.
 
458 win mag, 400 gr CEB solids 79.5 gr AA2230 and fitting a taller front sight on my CZ550 its shooting 7.5 inches high at 25 yards finally settled with 1.5 in high at 25 yards
Fun project....
 
Spent last night necking up 200 piece of WW .300 WSM brass to .375 cal... two stage necking, .30 to .338 to .375... then chamfering, polishing, cleaning and priming... ready for developing my next pet load.
 
Spent last night necking up 200 piece of WW .300 WSM brass to .375 cal... two stage necking, .30 to .338 to .375... then chamfering, polishing, cleaning and priming... ready for developing my next pet load.
FUN!
 
Reloading 45 Auto Rim and 470 Nitro today. Also did a big cleaning of the garage and some reorganizing. Also have been reloading a lot of 220 gr cast loads for 30-40 Krag and 30-06 lately. Next is reloading 45-90 and 50-90 with holy black.
 
Nice setup, cold, windy and miserable here too, not throwing any powder yet, just ran the last of 1100+ sticks of 1990 Lake City 7.62 brass through The Ugly Annealer, had already FL sized the once fired cases with small base RCBS size die, cut out crimps in primer pockets, trimmed to uniform length, deburred inside and out.

Will charge with Staball Match powder and CCI-#34 primers, seat 155gr Lapua Scenars on top at 2.810" COL, great utility, farm, house, tractor, truck and travel loads for 16" barreled 7.62 REPR's, they clock a tic over 2725 fps in the 16" guns, a couple grains less of the same powder clocks the same speeds in 22" barreled M1A Match rifles for more fun ; ]

Don't think I've ever put in so much bench time work for free brass!:cool:
 
Finally got around to loading up a ladder with Hammer Hunters for my youngest son's 308 and Stone Hammers for my eldest's 9.3x62.

And 10 rounds of 270 gr Hornady for the 375 H&H so I can get the it zeroed.

I need to work on loads for my 280 AI. Found out 156 gr Oryx won't even come close to the SAAMI spec for OAL - I measured 3.205 with the ogive on the lands, so I'm setting the OAL to 3.18. SAAMI is about 3.32.
 
Just working up loads for my .222 Rem Mag and the .375 H&H. Waiting for a break in the weather this week to go to the range and sit in the tree stand. Come on Spring!
 
Spent last night necking up 200 piece of WW .300 WSM brass to .375 cal... two stage necking, .30 to .338 to .375... then chamfering, polishing, cleaning and priming... ready for developing my next pet load.
@hoytcanon
Do you anneal your cases first.
Bob
 
@hoytcanon
Do you anneal your cases first.
Bob

Yes, clean, anneal, quench, dry, spray lube outsides, cream lube inside neck and shoulder, size to .338, run through batch, size to .375, chamfer, then back in tumbler, hammock clean, dry, prime and box, ready for next loading. Bit of PITA to be honest, but that is what I signed up for, so... no whining now.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,250
Messages
1,570,729
Members
169,130
Latest member
Keeley23F1
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top