What are you reading?

Saw this one hiding and pulled it out for leafing through. I like the format.
IMG_1109.jpeg
 
IMG_0529.jpeg
Just finishing this one up. Also just finished cries of the savannah by sue tidwell,
 
“The Terminal List” by Jack Carr-extremely entertaining!
I read that while sitting in the hunting blind last month. Really enjoyed it.
 
Couple of oldies from the library ...

Always Going Home by Ursula LeGuin. A massive pseudo-ethnography of the Kesh, a tribe of earth-humans in the distant future. I may purchase this for reference. LeGuin at her insidiously neferious best.

Listening to Inherent Vice (=Original Sin?) by Thomas Pynchon. Massively hilarious, a bit hard to follow without seeing the character names. Not sure how I skipped Pynchon in my unruly youth.
 
Ragman, I hear the latest Jack Carr book about Macv Sog is good. Anyone read it yet ?
 
Ragman, I hear the latest Jack Carr book about Macv Sog is good. Anyone read it yet ?
I can’t tell you. I’ve just read the first book in the series. My next round of books will include True Believer which is the James Reece #2.
 
Two nights ago I finished the Ballantyne series by Wilbur Smith, and I have a handful of pages left in Dan Browns new novel Secret of Secrets. Time to find a new book.
 
Any of the comprehensive books on the life of George Mallory.

Mallory & Irvine. The Ghosts of Everest

His early life in England, he was in the battle at the Somme. Englands best climber and many believe the actual first man to summit Everest. Not Hillary
 
Found this today at gun show, couldn’t resist for $10
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0082.jpeg
    IMG_0082.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0083.jpeg
    IMG_0083.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0085.jpeg
    IMG_0085.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 97
Read a lot less during the Christmas holiday and the period before that.

Finished Dragon Lizards of Komodo by Burden. This is one out of the Boone & Crockett Classics series. A fun interesting read about hunting in what was then the Dutch-Indies. Most of the books I've read about hunting in those lands was in Dutch but this is one of the few in English. It starts in China and the narrow escape the author makes when hostilities began there.

Currently reading, for the first time, The Man-eaters of Tsavo by Patterson. Saw the movie with Douglas but never read the book. I thoroughly enjoying it.
 
I've been slack with my reading over the Christmas break, still chipping away at A Hunter's Wanderings in Africa, Dangerous-Game Rifles (Wieland) and African Dangerous Game Cartridges (Van Der Walt).

I did enjoy watching the Ken Burns / PBS series on Hemmingway this week.
 
I've been slack with my reading over the Christmas break, still chipping away at A Hunter's Wanderings in Africa, Dangerous-Game Rifles (Wieland) and African Dangerous Game Cartridges (Van Der Walt).

I did enjoy watching the Ken Burns / PBS series on Hemmingway this week.
That seems interesting. Have to try to find it online somewhere.
 
Finished "Soul of the Leopard" the other day. Very interesting read on Busveld Jacob's life of leopard hunting and his observations of their behavior.
In the middle of the "9.3x62 Mauser Journal". Haven't had the opportunity to use mine on anything yet, but the experiences of those who have tell me I won't be disappointed to have added this cartridge to my arsenal, regardless of what gives me the first shot.
 
Anyone got any good new reads? Off on holiday so need something so I don’t bug the wife……her words not mine :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
 
I’ve read all the usual suspects just looking for something new.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,066
Members
169,487
Latest member
KathyKidwe
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top