Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
KZN Hunters/ SAHGCA/
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
I try and read a good hunting book a month. After a few years I re-read some. “Hunting Imperative” by Harland comes to mind, as do “Months of the Son” by Ian Nyschens.

Recently I read Wayne Michael Grant’s “Into the Thorns” & and “ Drums of the Morning. Great books.

My last three were “Sunshine and Storm in Rhodesia” - Selous, “The Hunter and the go away bird” - Steven J Smith, and a true true gem, nl “West with the Night” by Beryl Markham. Honestly one of my top five books ever!

Image1658183078.614746.jpg

Yes, it is a fine book! I first encountered it in a bookshop in Nairobi back in '92. A wonderful read.

Looks like a good read. Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EstebanO84

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!