Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

It was in the low 80’s in Entre Ríos Argentina last week… just sayin :D

Rifle season ended yesterday here in Maine. Temps hovered around 50 by mid day. Although not the greatest temps for hunting here, with heating oil close to $6.00 a gallon I’ll take as much of this warmer weather we can get!!!!
Wow! $6.00/gallon for heating oil? My wife returned from a seminar in Boston last week and told me she saw diesel priced at the gas stations there at $6.30/gallon. Here it's $4.65. I thought only Californicate had prices like that? Guess not.

Wow! $6.00/gallon for heating oil? My wife returned from a seminar in Boston last week and told me she saw diesel priced at the gas stations there at $6.30/gallon. Here it's $4.65. I thought only Californicate had prices like that? Guess not.
It’s like $5.30 a gallon here. However, we’re almost all electric heating with some random pockets of natural gas heating.

My wife returned from a seminar in Boston last week and told me she saw diesel priced at the gas stations there at $6.30/gallon.

Welcome to Europe mate

Dad had to pay $5.20 for farm diesel about 2 weeks ago. I’m sure heating oil is pretty similar.
I believe "farm" and "off road" LOW sulphur diesel fuel has (500ppm of sulphur) versus "on road" ULTRA LOW diesel fuel is 15ppm/sulphur, and thus more expensive. I thought heating oil was a heavier fuel than diesel and thus at a much lower price?

It's been the same fuel as far as sulfer content for a number of years now, the only difference is the dye.

Right now in Utah diesel is around $5.75 a gallon with gas being over a dollar cheaper

This was a month ago, however, .. There's not much coverage on this,
The Locomotives were just fueled? idk .. you be the judge.

All diesel is ultra low sulfur now. I believe that’s what most co-ops deliver as heating oil around here, but that could be due to the low consumption of heating oil.
If I had to guess the only real difference is in how they tax it.

70 and sunny on the 3rd coast today

Just back in zambia from holiday....fk me rains have cooled things tonight....says its 18c here in lusaka...out for drink and coat...and my temp gauge..aka my nose is fkn freezing... :X3: :E Shrug:
Yeah, that's cold. It's only supposed to be 16F (minus the wind chill) tomorrow morning here when I'm out working in it, and only 7F Wednesday morning when I'm off work and browsing AH in my lounge pants while having a beer. I feel blessed it's not going to be -0F this week. LOL

This was a month ago, however, .. There's not much coverage on this,
The Locomotives were just fueled? idk .. you be the judge.

Tucker and his producers didn't quite get the story right. In simple terms, say a tank of gas lasts you a week and you go to a gas station to fill it up. You could start shouting, I going to run out of gas in a week and get some strange looks. "Inventory" is only so big and there is a constant withdrawal and refilling process that goes on continuously.

The USA Did Not Run Out of Diesel Last Monday
Friday Nov 25, 2022
URL: https://www.rigzone.com/news/the_us...iesel_last_monday-25-nov-2022-171169-article/
The U.S. didn’t run out of diesel last Monday, analysts at Standard Chartered stated in a new report sent to Rigzone.
In the report, the analysts outlined that, on October 27, Fox News commentator Tucker Carlson warned that by the Monday of Thanksgiving week, or in 25 days’ time, there would be no more diesel according to data from the Energy Information Administration (EIA). The analysts highlighted in the report that Carlson was correct in one point - dividing U.S. distillate (mainly diesel) inventories by demand in late-October did return the result 25 days. Where he was wrong, they said, is that having 25 days of demand in inventory is not the same as running out in 25 days, unless no fuel is refined or imported.
“The U.S. did not grind to a halt on 21 November; indeed, the inventory clock has gone backwards; dividing distillate inventories from the latest EIA data by average demand for November-to-date yields the result 28 days,” the analysts stated in the report.
“U.S. distillate inventories have been tight, but that tightness has been abating. The latest data puts inventories at 109.1 million barrels (mb), 15.75 mb below the five-year average. The gap has, however, narrowed; over the past six weeks it has more than halved,” the analysts added.
“Inventories remain low but the usual seasonal stockdraw has been limited. Refiners have responded to the economic signal given by higher distillate cracks by increasing both utilization and distillate yields, while higher prices have muted demand. The overall inventory deficit has narrowed sharply since June, with a further 5.78 mb reduction in the latest EIA data,” the analysts continued.
In a separate report sent to Rigzone last week, analysts at Fitch Solutions Country Risk & Industry Research said diesel prices remained under pressure across the world and diverged from other key fuels due to dwindling stockpiles in the U.S. and the incoming EU fuel ban, which they noted will affect the global distillate market given Russia’s role as a key supplier of the fuel to Europe and worldwide.
“Global diesel prices remain elevated with widening spread between ICE gasoil and Brent,” the analysts said in the Fitch Solutions report.
“Pressures in the market have been building for the past two years. Crack spreads between diesel and crude has been historically high given the worldwide shortage of refined fuels seen in the pandemic recovery. Refining costs have also risen, due to higher energy input prices (including the soaring cost of natural gas and hydrogen) and a rise in the cost of carbon emissions allowances,” the analysts added.
To contact the author, email andreas.exarheas@rigzone.com

This morning, here in Anchorage, Alaska, it is 8:00 AM and the temperature is +1 Fahrenheit.
That is -17 Celsius.
Break out the sun glasses and ice tea.
It’s going to be another scorcher today.

It’s a muggy 74 on the Alabama gulf coast, had this nasty little bugger waiting 3 miles into my lunch time walk today! I would take some of y’alls cooler weather.

075CF2BA-585A-408A-82F4-936A29CF358D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning, here in Anchorage, Alaska, it is 8:00 AM and the temperature is +1 Fahrenheit.
That is -17 Celsius.
Break out the sun glasses and ice tea.
It’s going to be another scorcher today.

Yes, it went below zero overnight! But warming up now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you