Waterfowling

IMG_0416.jpg
Not allowed to shot the little buggers where I live .
But once a year I travel away for the opening weekend of duckshooting here in New Zealand .
Great times , its almost a religion here in NZ . Dont have a lot of phots , but its a neat place to shoot .
IMG_0437.JPG
IMG_0440.jpg
IMG_0453.JPG

Looks like a great spot!
Yea it sure is .
The highlight of my year .
Good hunting good food and great company .
Almost sounds like Africa .
Cheers Dory .

Just got back from the Bowie area with BWH. We had a great time and I shot my first Canvasback. Not really sure why but forgot to take pics of the birds.
My son
IMG_2107.JPG

Widgeon were about the only thing still around Saturday. Looks like we will ice up for multiple days this week and the birds will head south. Saturday may have been the last good day of the season.

Widgeons - Copy.JPG

Widgeon - Copy.JPG

Widgeon were about the only thing still around Saturday. Looks like we will ice up for multiple days this week and the birds will head south. Saturday may have been the last good day of the season.

View attachment 168627

View attachment 168628
Widgeon are awesome and really pretty birds too. That bottom pic of the drake, that is a wonderful little fella.

Very cool, what types of birds are in the top pic? Except for the guinea fowl of course.

They are white faced whistling ducks.

two-man limit of green heads with my son from our OK lease

IMG_1206.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of awesome waterfowl pictures. I don't get to do as much as I'd like but this one was from a small pond hunt over decoys a few years ago. One of my favorite pictures. The shotgun is an Ithaca Lewis, made in 1902, 10 gauge 2 7/8". The load was 1 1/4 ounce of bismuth 6's. I love putting great old guns back to work.
IMG_1578-L.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1578-L.jpg
    IMG_1578-L.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 149
There are some seriously great pictures here guys! Planet Earth level photography.

This is making me want to replace my Beretta Xtrema 2 with a 10 gauge now :)

Glad you revived this post-it's really fun to see guys around the world with their local trophies! If I can get it to load here is a pic from last season with my 11 year old daughter and her first goose. My first banded goose in roughly 30 years and some others I still have in my phone

IMG_1185.JPG

IMG_1270.PNG
IMG_1303.JPG
IMG_1339.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you