Warthog Pictures

Confusing.
I thought Kevin asked Tundra Tiger what the rifle was.
Yes I was wrong. 798 is what I meant, 788 is the new budget line Remington.

I have seen one 798 in .375 I'm not sure they are doing these anymore but I was told they are a Zastava maybe CRF action polished and assembled by Remington.
Oops, Once again I got confused, I really need to reread these threads before posting, must be the jet lag. Kevin was asking Tundra Tiger about his rifle and some how had me thinking Kevin was asking about my rifle.

I'm pretty sure Tundra Tiger and I were chatting about our hunts as we waited for our plane ride from JNB to Doha and he described his various first time Africa hunts using his 45-70.

Tundra Tiger's hunting report should be very interesting reading.
 
My first warthog down. Shot last last friday in Matetsi 5, Zimbabwe. Great hunt!
IMG_20211119_090458_383.jpg
 
Oh yes it is very very nice indeed, just what I have been looking for, what size is he please @PlayStationMan ?
 
Yes I was thinking around the 16in+, bloody awesome & once in a lifetime that Boar that .

I have seen two in that league & had bad luck both times, once on the side of the main Highway in Namibia & once again in South Africa after a hunt & I put the rifle away as just heading onto the Highway, both times I was heart broken.

He looks in good nick in the photos, the ones I saw this size looked like melted wax over a bone frame, they were so old & worn !

Congrats again !
 
First Warthog. Have never measured him but he sure was fun to go after! Took him with my 7mm RUM and Barnes 160 gr TSX hand loads.

Scott1%20-%20Warthog.jpg
20151113_092820.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Low Bush Elephant.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,298
Members
169,335
Latest member
Mark225
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top