AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Just received the following email scam from a hunter who was solicited to send money to help a "member" of the hunting outfitter. The email is disguised as a gofundme fundraising campaign. The links in the email send you directly to a "Donate with PayPal" page and not the gofundme website as it pretends to be coming from. Please be aware of this scam that is going around in the hunting community and report anything like it here to let us others know. Thank you.

Here is the email scam that I am referring to:
hunter-scam.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 3.35.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 3.35.03 PM.png
    189.3 KB · Views: 178
That’s a sorry basturd to do something like that! Probably the Clinton Foundation since they don’t have Iran contribution any more! Lol

AH, thanks for the heads up.
I have a good friend working for the WHO and formerly for Doctors Without Borders, who tells of the amazing generosity of Americans. We supply more than half of all charity on Earth. He describes state of the art medical equipment and literally tons of expensive medications shelved, stored and ready for third world countries. In overseas warehouses.
His opinion.....his....that Americans feel very guilty about their wealth, desperately wanting to make amends.
It should be no surprise that Nigerian hackers and others try to capitalize on this compassion. Verifying a good charity from a scam requires vigilance. I visit an orphanage twice each year in South America....in conjunction with a hunting trip. I see that clean clothes are on the toddlers, and that food is on the table. I talk with the Priests and Nursing Sisters to see what they need. I see that my money actually does something good. But many generous people in the USA don't have the ability to vet their charity like this.
My point is that charity is needed and great. These scammers actually hurt the children most, siphoning off money, and therefore food and the future. And these scams are becoming much more common.
Why target hunters? They know we have at least a little disposable income, and have often traveled and seen poverty. And it targets an often unpopular group: us.
This scam will become rampant in the next 3 years. Beware.................................FW Bill

I got one the other day . Guy claiming to work offshore , seemed legit had American name and written well. All was good right up to the pay with CC but wanted me to forward $8700 to a logistics agent. LOL .......NEXT

$18,000 for open heart surgery seems like a real bargain to me!

I can’t stand scammers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulianaR92

Latest profile posts

dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !