Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
I do hope to visit London again someday and when I do the Rigby shop is one of the places I will visit.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England

Please can you extend to Rookhawk a personal invitation from me to the shop in London. We will even pay to fly him to London so he can really see for himself what Rigby is all about.

Marc Newton
Managing Director

JOHN RIGBY & Co. (Gunmakers) LTD
13-19 PENSBURY PLACE
LONDON SW8 4TP
UNITED KINGDOM
Mob. +44 (0)7432 664 030
Tel. +44 (0)207 720 0757
RFD 02/7384 Met Police

Marc, Can you fly me over for a tour. Maybe I can give your guys some tips.

ps. Sadly, I am already a convert and enjoy watching the guys at the SCI booth do their work every year. :)

Last edited:

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

Roan

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NHSA, SA Wingshooters, SA Hunters
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia
Wish I was you Rookhawk.

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
It's not a free lunch. I wouldn't go if I wasn't prepared to spend thousands on lodging in the world's most expensive city and have enough money left over to buy a Rigby if I see there is good value.

I'll definitely meet Marc at SCI in February and have a look at his new wares too.

I'm also going to ask Rigby for their account as to what they consider "legitimate" or "authentic" Rigby as I am interested. The firm has had numerous incarnations from London to greater U.K. to CA, to TX and many outworkers from Arrizabalaga to Merkel to Mauser plus individuals like Ron Wharton and other builders. I'll relay their answer in the future.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
It's not a free lunch. I wouldn't go if I wasn't prepared to spend thousands on lodging in the world's most expensive city and have enough money left over to buy a Rigby if I see there is good value.

I'll definitely meet Marc at SCI in February and have a look at his new wares too.

I'm also going to ask Rigby for their account as to what they consider "legitimate" or "authentic" Rigby as I am interested. The firm has had numerous incarnations from London to greater U.K. to CA, to TX and many outworkers from Arrizabalaga to Merkel to Mauser plus individuals like Ron Wharton and other builders. I'll relay their answer in the future.
I spent about $300 a night in a Holiday Inn in Bloomsbury, (had stayed there before on other business). Birmingham was much cheaper. Since you are going on a rifle (hunt), we need a full hunting report when you return, with all the Rigby details!!!

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
................. .

I'll sleep in the shop under the bench.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
@rookhawk actually london doesnt feature anywhere as the most expensive city in the world.....:rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/galleries/The-worlds-most-expensive-cities/city1/

there are plenty of price options for hotels from luxury to basic....so you dont have to spend thousands......anyway one minute you are saying you are an ordinary guy that has to be careful with his money.... to then being a serious collector, and now you are going to spend thousands on hotels and possibly a rifle...........

Last edited:

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
actually london doesnt feature anywhere as the most expensive city in the world.....:rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/galleries/The-worlds-most-expensive-cities/city1/
Never been to Singapore or any of the Asian cities except with the military 30 yrs ago. As far as London goes, what I paid last month is more of a middle of the road rate. The luxury hotels there would easily cost you twice what I paid. I promise you if I could find a good hotel that was convenient to where I wanted to be for $100, that's where I would stay. The HI Express in Birmingham was about $110 a night. When I am traveling alone, I look for a bed, toilet, and internet....and that's it. Breakfast is good, but not necessary!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)

Very interesting thread. My guess is that Marc will tell you just like in the letter. The guns they build now are legitimate Rigby guns. That case colored job was stunning! I for one don't think I could ever conjure up the desire to lay out that kind of cash for any gun under any conditions. If I did it would be the only gun I owned I think.:rolleyes::eek::D But good luck and I hope you find something really nice.

pacific

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zambia, South Africa, Botswana
I had taken delivery of a 416 from Marc in August that had been on build for the last 24 months. My experience of building a rifle with him and his crew was second to none. The service provided and quality of work by Marc and his staff rivaled my previous experience of having a rifle built by Westley Richards and co of Birmingham. My rifle is completely bespoke as can be seen from the various pictures I have attached and has been severely tested in the heat of Africa over the last two months. I have already shot a lion, 3 buffalo and numerous plains and dangerous game with it. It performed flawlessly to say the least. Have a look at the work they did on my rifle and you can make your mind up as to whether they are the 'real' JR and Co or not.

IMG_1555.JPG
IMG_3582.JPG
IMG_3961.JPG
IMG_4272.PNG
IMG_3991.PNG
IMG_4038.JPG
IMG_4030.JPG
IMG_5199.PNG
IMG_5115.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Roan

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NHSA, SA Wingshooters, SA Hunters
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia
Now thats what a rifle should look like!

Beautiful rifle!!

pacific

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zambia, South Africa, Botswana
Now thats what a rifle should look like!

Beautiful rifle!!
Roan,

Thank you, not only does it look nice, it shoots just as well. It pushes out factory Federal 400gr bear claws sub MOA at 100 meters. Has not let me down on anything that I've tried it on so far.

IMG_4547.JPG
IMG_5201.JPG
IMG_5200.JPG
IMG_4531.JPG
[

Last edited by a moderator:

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Beautiful rifle @pacific ! Congrats on your safari and thanks for sharing!

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
Marc asked me to put his email and contact info on .

"Marc Newton" <marc@johnrigbyandco.com>
Marc Newton
Managing Director

JOHN RIGBY & Co. (Gunmakers) LTD
13-19 PENSBURY PLACE
LONDON SW8 4TP
UNITED KINGDOM
Mob. +44 (0)7432 664 030
Tel. +44 (0)207 720 0757
RFD 02/7384 Met Police

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duyen

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.