Wanted Rigby 416

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
TBD. Probably not in the next three quarters unless I bookend a safari in May/June.

CDorroh

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, Canada
Thanks for the nice comments guys. @CDorroh congratulations on ordering a big game Rigby. Which caliber is it in? They are fantastic rifles and truly worth the money. The smoothness of that action is something else! When do you expect delivery?

It's going to be chambered in .416 Rigby. Supposedly 4-6 months. Can't wait for it to get here.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
managed to go round to @pacific house monday gone and got my hands on his RIGBY .416......and it looks fantastic in the photos...but in the wood and metal its absolutely stunning , beautifully put together and finished. the engraving all means something too and was explained to me, and the photos dont do justice to it however good they look. then we went over to his brothers house who only hunts with open sighted doubles :A Thumbs Up: and a very nice collection he has....seems to have an addiction to verney-carrons inc a nice round body. he did say i know you wont like this one and made me laugh when he produced a K gun , but it did come up nicely......:D

Roan

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NHSA, SA Wingshooters, SA Hunters
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia
That is a spectacular weapon that!

Roan

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Hunted
Some pics of the stock they picked out.

IMG_6998.JPG
IMG_6997.JPG

mark-hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
On the 2nd page, post 38, attached photos of this thread, the photo of top view of the engraved action:
Why the scope mount basis are fitted asymmetrical, to the left of the action?

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
@mark-hunter offset mounts exist for a variety of reasons. In this case I believe they are to prevent crowding/obstruction of the extracted cartridges.

I've seen these many times on Mannlicher actions that use claw mounts also.

mark-hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
This is very logical for larger calibers! Tx for feedback!

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted

Roan

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Hunted
Yes so far. Just waiting on the price.

Roan

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Hunted
What you think?

Should make a pretty nice rifle.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia

Tokoloshe Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.com
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
Hi All

Trying my luck...

Any one have a Rigby Single Square bridge in 416 they want to sell?

Perferably in RSA.

Cheers
Hi,
I do have a new and a pre war .416 Rigby both, single square bridge. The pre war is not for sale and I want to warn you that the new Rigbys do not feed reliably, they have almost no feeding ramp machined into the receiver, the bullet jams into a almost vertical "wall " if it is deflected into the very narrow ramp metal will be sheared from the side of the bullet. I would recommend not buying one unless allowed to cycle many rounds of various ammo. I am next door to you in Zim. I know that Safari Outfitters has them in stock I recommend that you look at the feed ramp of any of the ones that they may have on hand. I would not sell mine to anyone who would be hunting dangerous game. I suppose that you could find a good gunsmith in South Africa that could rectify this problem, you just should not have to do this to a R 150,000.00 rifle. I am reluctant to give you the name of a long time well know firearms store, but you can probably guess. They would be able to tell you more about this problem. Hopefully the German company that build the barrelled actions will correct the problem.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
Hi,
I do have a new and a pre war .416 Rigby both, single square bridge. The pre war is not for sale and I want to warn you that the new Rigbys do not feed reliably, they have almost no feeding ramp machined into the receiver, the bullet jams into a almost vertical "wall " if it is deflected into the very narrow ramp metal will be sheared from the side of the bullet. I would recommend not buying one unless allowed to cycle many rounds of various ammo. I am next door to you in Zim. I know that Safari Outfitters has them in stock I recommend that you look at the feed ramp of any of the ones that they may have on hand. I would not sell mine to anyone who would be hunting dangerous game. I suppose that you could find a good gunsmith in South Africa that could rectify this problem, you just should not have to do this to a R 150,000.00 rifle. I am reluctant to give you the name of a long time well know firearms store, but you can probably guess. They would be able to tell you more about this problem. Hopefully the German company that build the barrelled actions will correct the problem.

bit of a sweeping statement to say that new Rigbys dont feed properly...... you and rookhawk need to shack up together think you would get on well.....

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted

Roan

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Hunted
Thank for the info.

I will look into it.

But must say that this is the first I am hearing of this problem. Most guys I have talked to are extremely happy with theirs. Definitely agree that you don't want to still have to do work on it.

Reactions: NWT

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
@Tokoloshe here is email from Marc Newton at Rigbys

Mike

Many thanks for all your support as always. Would it be possible to post the following for me?

At Rigby we test all rifles extensively at our range before shipping. Feed and function are looked at very closely, something the team pride themselves on highly. To date we have received no reports of Big Games in Africa having issues as described in the post. If a Rigby owner was to experience any problems, we would ask that they contact us by email as soon as possible. We have an extensive network of partners around the world and returning a rifle to our factory in London is reasonably simple.

Marc Newton
Managing Director

JOHN RIGBY & Co. (Gunmakers) LTD
13-19 PENSBURY PLACE
LONDON SW8 4TP
UNITED KINGDOM
Mob. +44 (0)7432 664 030
Tel. +44 (0)207 720 0757
RFD 02/7384 Met Police

pacific

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zambia, South Africa, Botswana
Hi mike,

Thanks for coming around the other day. Pity we couldn't sit and chat for longer. Should have a lot more time once you are back from jersey.

Cheers!!

managed to go round to @pacific house monday gone and got my hands on his RIGBY .416......and it looks fantastic in the photos...but in the wood and metal its absolutely stunning , beautifully put together and finished. the engraving all means something too and was explained to me, and the photos dont do justice to it however good they look. then we went over to his brothers house who only hunts with open sighted doubles :A Thumbs Up: and a very nice collection he has....seems to have an addiction to verney-carrons inc a nice round body. he did say i know you wont like this one and made me laugh when he produced a K gun , but it did come up nicely......:D
e

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlmaCharte

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.