Wanted Pre War 416 Rigby

That is a tough one. I have found an original 416 Rigby to be one of the toughest to find out of the classic British cartridge rifles made by their namesake maker. Even though original Jeffery 500s and Gibbs 505s were made in lesser quantities, the original Rigby 416 seems to be the toughest to find. I think it is because they are more useful and their owners don’t like to turn loose of them. However, they are out there and can be found. Best of luck to you.
 
That is a tough one. I have found an original 416 Rigby to be one of the toughest to find out of the classic British cartridge rifles made by their namesake maker. Even though original Jeffery 500s and Gibbs 505s were made in lesser quantities, the original Rigby 416 seems to be the toughest to find. I think it is because they are more useful and their owners don’t like to turn loose of them. However, they are out there and can be found. Best of luck to you.
I believe you are correct. If I was able to find a nice vintage Jeffrey or Gibbs that might fix the itch.
 
I have a very nice one single square bridge, untouched. Will sell, send me a PM if interested.
 
One of the reasons they are hard to find only 189 were made.
 
That is a tough one. I have found an original 416 Rigby to be one of the toughest to find out of the classic British cartridge rifles made by their namesake maker. Even though original Jeffery 500s and Gibbs 505s were made in lesser quantities, the original Rigby 416 seems to be the toughest to find. I think it is because they are more useful and their owners don’t like to turn loose of them. However, they are out there and can be found. Best of luck to you.
I believe you are correct. If I was able to find a nice vintage Jeffrey or Gibbs that might fix the itch.
One of the reasons they are hard to find only 189 were made.
Sent
 
I've seen a few over the years but the first 189 in any condition were always way out of my price range. Its probably the most collectible rigby.
 
The first "189" and the original Rigby Rising bite were undoubtedly the finest that Rigby ever produced.
 
I believe you are correct. If I was able to find a nice vintage Jeffrey or Gibbs that might fix the itch.

Sent
I have the most comprehensive list of original 505 Gibbs rifles still known to be in circulation and I there are only 23 rifles on that list. I can get you one if interested?
Be warned though- expect to pay $50k
 
That is a tough one. I have found an original 416 Rigby to be one of the toughest to find out of the classic British cartridge rifles made by their namesake maker. Even though original Jeffery 500s and Gibbs 505s were made in lesser quantities, the original Rigby 416 seems to be the toughest to find. I think it is because they are more useful and their owners don’t like to turn loose of them. However, they are out there and can be found. Best of luck to you.
I believe you are correct. If I was able to find a nice vintage Jeffrey or Gibbs that might fix the itch.
One of the reasons they are hard to find only 189 were made.
Sent
I have the most comprehensive list of original 505 Gibbs rifles still known to be in circulation and I there are only 23 rifles on that list. I can get you one if interested?
Be warned though- expect to pay $50k
Are any of them stateside and in very good shootable condition?
 
I believe you are correct. If I was able to find a nice vintage Jeffrey or Gibbs that might fix the itch.

Sent

Are any of them stateside and in very good shootable condition?


John is the man on the 505s. There are some on the list that are stateside for sure.
 
Have you found a 416 ? I have a pre-war if you have an interest
Pics, yes please. Can you take the pictures on top of a recent periodical, like a newspaper or something like that?
 
Pic per your reqest
DSC05202 (2).JPG
DSC05175 (3).JPG
DSC05182.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have anything more current? Maybe some pictures that didn't come from Osprey Arms?
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,140
Members
169,497
Latest member
FerdinandL
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top