WANTED: Lion Hunting

How many lions does a hunter normally see on a SA lion hunt? I know almost all are released but are they released one at a time for incoming hunters or are several out roaming the property? Lion is a big one for me but only under the right circumstances.
We saw 5 males in my area last week and then took this one at the end of the day.

10428448_10152302289876106_8845633238152142733_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow nice! That is a dandy. No scruffy fuzz on him.

was that a captive bred/raised lion in RSA? When you say you saw 5, was that in a typical enclosed area and how big?

Is that the norm or was it an exception to see 5 males?

Wow nice! That is a dandy. No scruffy fuzz on him.

was that a captive bred/raised lion in RSA? When you say you saw 5, was that in a typical enclosed area and how big?

Is that the norm or was it an exception to see 5 males?
Not always the norm, but in one area i hunt we need to release the lion 3 months and longer, this area we do have lion for 6 months, the client did even witness 3 males taking down a buffalo bull on the last night of the hunt, yes the lion is a captive bred lion but same thing he was in the area for 6 months, this area is about 8000 acres we did hunt 7 days full and only did see lion twice. Not counting the one he took. I do have one more male like the one he took and then 3 more but more blond in this area, together with buffalo, rhino and many more.

There are also some "Wild Lion" Hunts in SA. Where they are not released after been bred. These are generally around the Kruger area. We do have some of those available for 2015.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross