Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
I emailed them - didn't find it on the website - I am new to doubles so if I am missing something please weigh in
All Heym doubles in a series, say the 88 type, have identical mechanical spec, the various add ons are purely cosmetic. The plain unadorned PH model is actually quite reasonable, and the 88B is more so than the 89B. So I think it absolutely possible you will find one for that budget.

Kevin Peacocke

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
The gun in your pictures is the 89B PH, or Africa unadorned version, much the same as far as I can tell. It looks to be in immaculate condition, I would seriously consider it, it is Africa proven and probably the strongest lockup you can get today. I am not a gunsmith, but boy have I studied these Heyms, right down to machining details. I just cant see any fault, and that Greener bolt is the crown for me. Styling was never their strong suit until the 89B came along, but you pay extra for that with just a little added ergonomics to go along with the beautiful looks. I am going for the 89B Africa plain model in 450/400.

Kevin Peacocke

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
Sorr
The gun in your pictures is the 89B PH, or Africa unadorned version, much the same as far as I can tell. It looks to be in immaculate condition, I would seriously consider it, it is Africa proven and probably the strongest lockup you can get today. I am not a gunsmith, but boy have I studied these Heyms, right down to machining details. I just cant see any fault, and that Greener bolt is the crown for me. Styling was never their strong suit until the 89B came along, but you pay extra for that with just a little added ergonomics to go along with the beautiful looks. I am going for the 89B Africa plain model in 450/400.
Sorry, my typo error, the double in your photos is the 88B PH model, not the 89.

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Have you seen this one??

Krieghoff 470
That is a very good price for that rifle! The mounts alone are worth a meaningful premium. And you can always use that scope on a Mossberg .22. ;) But a lightly used K-Gun in that caliber, set up for a scope should be a $12K - 14K rifle.

jacques smith

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Beck— checkout Guns America—- gulf breeze firearms Florida. 140 Merkel with full kit; box - Buffalo soft case- paperwork— cleaning kit—ammo—. Flip up mammoth bead and more. Price 8995—.Duke-1-850-932-4867. Arabesque engraving. Jacques

Moosemind

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Alaska
470 Nitro.
Screenshot_2021-01-25_122621.jpeg

Mark Biggerstaff

Silver supporter
Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Can you tell me where this is for sale?

That gun is listed on Gunbroker.
He has had it listed for awhile. I emailed twice about 10 days ago some questions on it and never got a reply. So I blew that one off my list.

Beck

AH member
Reaction score
Media
I got the guy to respond. I am going to inspect the gun in a few weeks. I have trouble sending someone nearly ten grand without any kind of guarantee or inspection period.

Sid Post

AH member
Reaction score
Where are you located? I'm in East Texas and could meet you near Dallas or OKC. I have a Chapuis 470NE I'd consider moving on as I don't see any hunts in my future that are in need of a 470NE. Plus, I have 4 of them so, I need to thin the herd to something I would use as I grow older.

cal pappas

Contributor
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
If and when you buy your .470, I have dies, brass and bullets for sale as my .470 Lyon is gone.
Send me a PM for details.
All are going to the gun show February 13-14.
Cal

cal pappas

Contributor
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have the following packed for the gun show:
RCBS 2-die set $200
RCBS 3-die set $300 (has an expander die for cast bullets)
500-grain bullets, $20 per box of 20. Unsure of make, Have 18 boxes, I think.
Brass $40 per 20. Nickel Federal.

Tokoloshe Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.com
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
My wife shoots a similar 88B in .450-.400. I believe the Heym that you are looking at is a early 88B. If you look at the bottom sides of the receiver they are very square cut, later are more rounded and a little more comfortable to carry. Secondly although hard to tell with your picture, but I do not believe the rib has the removable block that allows easy mounting of optics. I would certainly try to find out the rifles regulation and with what ammo. My uneducated guess is that the rifle may be in excess of ten years old, due to the superficial differences.

ActionBob

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
If that Heym is sound, and in your price range, vs. the others you are looking at, buy it. Heym and perhaps Chapuis are, from my information at least, in a different category of reliability that the other being discussed. Or find a used English double from a lesser known maker but of high quality.

Better yet, solicit direct advice from @cal pappas and @Red Leg

Beck

AH member
Reaction score
Media
I am getting awfully close to buying a rifle at this point, and I want to thank all of the great members on this website. You guys/gals are always very thoughtful, and helpful. Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathrynMei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh