WANTED: Fall Black Bear Hunt

Texas gator

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I am looking for recommendations for a fall black bear hunt. The hunt can be in the U. S. Or Canada. There will be 2 to 4 hunters with at least 1 bow and 1 rifle. I would like a hunt that may include opportunity for other game also or possibly a second bear.

Ontario, CA is your likely spot. But no second bear and no other huntable prey. That leaves BC or Alaska which are both doable but your costs will surely outpace most premium African safaris.

In the US lower 48, I know of zero options. World record bear are in WI but it's a ten year preference point game. Small bears in MI but an 8 year preference point effort there nonetheless.

What kind of bear are you looking for? a good eater 200# give or take or looking for a 500# 21" skull
I know a few operators and can get leads on others
Fishing is always good while waiting for the evening hunts or something to do when tagged out, could even try to do an archery moose hunt as well with an outfitter, can be done non guided

Looking for a good representative say 300lb or better But mainly looking for new experiences
The moose archery sounds interesting. What area would this be in ?

Ontario, CA is your likely spot. But no second bear and no other huntable prey..................

Actually, you can hunt two Black Bears in Alberta. (Non-Resident Alien)
If you hunt in the fall there are certainly other hunting opportunities.

Reactions: BWH
Quinault Indian Reservation Washington State...Bears can be huge

Roo, that was Ontario you can do both, outfitters always get tags that can be bought without the normal tag system but we used to do both, get a tag with the outfitter and his fly in package and pool in to try and get one as a group, just keeps getting tougher here in Ont to get a moose tag.

Take a look in northern Idaho, usually in most areas 2 bear are no problem. Check out leon brown. I'll get his outfit name when i get back home,.sorry brain freeze right now

Actually, you can hunt two Black Bears in Alberta. (Non-Resident Alien)
If you hunt in the fall there are certainly other hunting opportunities.

I think Alberta might be the best chance to kill two 300lb bears. Idaho you can hunt 2 bears but doubt they will be 300 lbs. Bears are a lot of fun to hunt.

Check out Leon brown, clark fork outfitters in Idaho

Let me threadjack if the OP will permit a slight deviation:

Where in 2017 Fall can someone affordably hunt a single black bear 250-375 pound animal? (Fishing is gravy)

Any names and rates you can present?

Rocks hunt camp in Hornepayne Ontario has good success, friends hunted with them
Have seen many bears on my drives past this area as well

I haven't hunted here but I have spoken with them several times at the sportsman show and like what I saw. I would recommend checking references as a standard precaution. But the price is good.

http://www.ritchiefalls.com/bear-hunt.html

I hunted with Oxbow lodge in Maine in 2013. Booked a 6 day hound hunt. Got my bear on day 2.

No draw and affordable at $2500 for 6 day hound or $2250 for baited for a bow hunter.

Unfortunately moose is draw and deer doesn't overlap well for bear.

http://oxbowlodge.com/rates.php#bear

Coastal North Carolina produces big bears but pricey due to private land, but a really good chance at a big bear.

Let me threadjack if the OP will permit a slight deviation:

Where in 2017 Fall can someone affordably hunt a single black bear 250-375 pound animal? (Fishing is gravy)

Any names and rates you can present?
Peter Martin. Kapriver Outfitters. Kapuskasing Ontario. He and his lovely wife Terri 705-335-3163. You can do a econo (you cook and provide food)combo of bear and duck/goose for $1000. Although I would pay a little extra and stay at their house just for Terry's cooking. He also does winter timberwolves. Hunted with him 3 times. Other fellows I know have been 7 times or more. There's also no shortage of bears. He has 2 BMA's (Bear Management Areas) with multiple active baits.

Hope this helps.

R.

Rocks hunt camp in Hornepayne Ontario has good success, friends hunted with them
Have seen many bears on my drives past this area as well

I killed my first bear at Rock's years ago. Dad and I used to grouse hunt during the day until it was time to head to the bears stands in the afternoon. Haven't been there in 10-12 years, but it was always a great time there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg