Wanted 416 Bullets

Jared

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Ireland,
I am in search of some 416 projectiles for my 416 Taylor. Does anyone have any that they'd be willing to part with? Please let me know. Thanks

Jared

I have some Swift A-Frame in 400gr and a box of Break Away Solids to go with

I’ll PM you

I have a box of Swift break away solids if you are intrested. Just let me know. Thanks

Let ne check to see what I have

I have 2 full boxes, and one with 20, of Barnes 400 gr TSX FB if you need them

I’ve heard of hammer, the other is a new one for me. They intrigue me. I have have to try them
I've never used North Forks myself, but a lot of guys on this forum have, and they're very well liked. Reading between the lines and looking at pictures of recovered bullets, I'd guess they rank right up there with A Frame and TSX in controlled expansion and weight retention.

Given the design of the driving bands on them, similar to the way Hammer does theirs, I'd imagine they're lower pressure than either Swift or Barnes.

I'm pushing 258 gr Shock Hammers at a little over 2500 fps out of my 9.3x62. LD has been very easy with them. I expect I could probably get them over 2600 fps without any issue, but for me, the juice just ain't worth the squeeze. They'll do quite nicely at 2500 fps for everything I intend to hunt with them.

I need to really get started with LD for my 404J; Hammer and North Fork are the 2 main ones I'm looking at. Going to RSA in August, I have 2 days in Jo'burg before I head to Limpopo. The Rhino bullet factory is really close to the hotel where I'll be staying, so I imagine I'll pick up a couple boxes of those as well.

I've never used North Forks myself, but a lot of guys on this forum have, and they're very well liked. Reading between the lines and looking at pictures of recovered bullets, I'd guess they rank right up there with A Frame and TSX in controlled expansion and weight retention.

Given the design of the driving bands on them, similar to the way Hammer does theirs, I'd imagine they're lower pressure than either Swift or Barnes.

I'm pushing 258 gr Shock Hammers at a little over 2500 fps out of my 9.3x62. LD has been very easy with them. I expect I could probably get them over 2600 fps without any issue, but for me, the juice just ain't worth the squeeze. They'll do quite nicely at 2500 fps for everything I intend to hunt with them.

I need to really get started with LD for my 404J; Hammer and North Fork are the 2 main ones I'm looking at. Going to RSA in August, I have 2 days in Jo'burg before I head to Limpopo. The Rhino bullet factory is really close to the hotel where I'll be staying, so I imagine I'll pick up a couple boxes of those as well.
North Forks are incredible- bonus is they are bore riders… using less powder and getting higher velocities. My 450#2 shoots 500 gr A Frames at 2,075 using 93.5 gr of RL15 and my 500 gr North Forks travel at 2,135 using 92.0 gr of RL15.
IMG_0220.jpeg

I have box NF in 370 gr CPS and another box, but I have to see what those are as they could be solids and I have a box of 400gr Hornady FMJ Encapsulated and I may have some loaded rounds too. I'll be selling my CZ 416 Rigby here soon once I take some pics of it. I also have reloading dies.

@Jared Have a look at Rhino Solid Shank bullets. They are produced in South Africa, but pretty sure that they have distributors in the USA. Probably the best bullet that I have used next to an A Frame. Obviously, the North Forks are excellent, as are the TBBC but if they are difficult to obtain, I would recommend the Rhinos.

I currently shoot their 400Gr bullets in my 416 Rigby, but bumping that up to their 430gr'ers once I'm out of the 400's. My 416 mostly gets used for DG as a rental rifle, so I'm sure the 400's would make better sense to your need and probably be more versatile.

Thanks guys. I ordered some North Forks. We will give them a go and see how my Taylor likes them

North Forks are incredible- bonus is they are bore riders… using less powder and getting higher velocities. My 450#2 shoots 500 gr A Frames at 2,075 using 93.5 gr of RL15 and my 500 gr North Forks travel at 2,135 using 92.0 gr of RL15.View attachment 608257
I ordered a couple boxes. We will see how they do for me

You won’t be disappointed! There is a little slip of paper in the box that says to reduce published loads by 15% and work up. Take this to heart and you should use a chronograph as well. I’ve taken several heads of game with Northforks and the furthest any ran was about 25 yards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerleneVic

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!