Want To Trade Sling Swivels

deewayne2003

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Gentlemen,

I have this set of high quality machined swivels that are simply too narrow for any of the swivel studs on my rifles; I believe they are the "European" narrower version. I would like to trade these for wider version of the same swivels.

Picture of the narrow swivels that I am trying to trade.
0MIRaw8.jpg

Picture of the narrow swivel on the leather sling and the uncle mikes swivel on the synthetic sling as an example of the proper width that I am looking to trade for.
5bn9v2x.jpg

Just to be clear, I'm looking to trade the narrow version machined swivels(shown on leather sling) for the exact same version of swivel but in the wider format.

Located in Austin Texas and willing to deal with shipping - Contact by PM ONLY

@deewayne2003 what you’re asking for is far, far rarer than you might imagine.
The only place in the US that sells the swivel you have and the swivel you want, to my knowledge, is NECG that imports them from Europe from Rechnagel.

they cost under $40 a pair. You have a “eu small shaft 1” swivel” and you want an “eu small shaft 3/4” swivel” I believe.

Mark at NECG has what you need if your swap request falls flat. Trader Keith has the correct slings for both these swivel sizes if you choose to go that direction.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 4.05.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 4.05.43 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 4.05.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 4.05.45 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
Makes sense, Dewayne. The question is, why don't you want a cheapo set of Uncle Mikes?

There is only one reason to buy the $40 EU made swivel that is for an american sized sling stud. That reason is the EU sling swivels have an articulating knuckle to be used with "Ken Howell" Style recessed sling studs and EU style barrel bands that prevent full 180 degree rotation of the sling swivel. That prevention of rotation protects the wood and barrel from sling swivel wear marks.

An example of a rifle that needs the American R-308 design you show above would be a Dakota rifle with inletted stud on stock and barrel band swivel.

I’ve had cheapo swivels fail. I now use only the milled steel swivels from trader Keith’s. I’m sure there are others just as good, but I would steer clear of the cheap stuff.

I’ve had cheapo swivels fail. I now use only the milled steel swivels from trader Keith’s. I’m sure there are others just as good, but I would steer clear of the cheap stuff.
I 100% agree WAB - I'm tired of the cheap swivels as well.

@rookhawk - this is the sling for my .470ne and likewise I'll probably end up ordering another set for my .416 Rigby

@deewayne2003 Post it up in Blaser forums. US Blaser owners in particular are always baffled by the european stud size, and looking for swivels to suit. Someone with an R8, or any Blaser for that matter, would probably love to help you out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg