vx-freedom vs vx-3i

I have that one for sale NIB ...contact me if interested..30mm illuminated ..Tom
I went into my local gun shop on Saturday and he had an older savage 111 .338 win mag for a very good price so it followed me home. I'm not sure what I'm going to use the rifle for yet, but for the price I couldn't leave it. I hope to be able to get to Alaska and Africa in a few years after the kids get out of school so it would have a place there. I was looking at scope options for it and have always been a leupold fan. I have a vx-3i on my .300 win mag that is excellent, but I also have vx-freedoms on a couple of my deer rifles that so far seem to be pretty good too. My question is is it worth twice the money for the vx-3i, or is the bx-freedom just as good? They also have a fire dot version of the vx-freedom on a 30mm tube that shows promise and is still $100 cheaper than the base vx-3i. I wonder if it is worth a try?
20200823_141109.jpeg
20200823_141040.jpeg

VX3 in a heartbeat. I have several and there is an obvious difference between them and the now discontinued VX2 of which I have several as well.
My only experience with the Freedom line is looking thru a couple at shows. It seems similar to the VX2. The VX5 Is a step above the VX3 and a large leap above the VX2.

Thank you all. After seeing everyone's responses and taking much time looking through the vx-3i on my 300 win mag vs other scopes on my other rifles I have decided for sure to go with another vx-3i

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you