vx-freedom vs vx-3i

SAFARIKIDD

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
TANZANIA..ZIM..BOTSWANA....NAMBIA
I have that one for sale NIB ...contact me if interested..30mm illuminated ..Tom
I went into my local gun shop on Saturday and he had an older savage 111 .338 win mag for a very good price so it followed me home. I'm not sure what I'm going to use the rifle for yet, but for the price I couldn't leave it. I hope to be able to get to Alaska and Africa in a few years after the kids get out of school so it would have a place there. I was looking at scope options for it and have always been a leupold fan. I have a vx-3i on my .300 win mag that is excellent, but I also have vx-freedoms on a couple of my deer rifles that so far seem to be pretty good too. My question is is it worth twice the money for the vx-3i, or is the bx-freedom just as good? They also have a fire dot version of the vx-freedom on a 30mm tube that shows promise and is still $100 cheaper than the base vx-3i. I wonder if it is worth a try?
20200823_141109.jpeg
20200823_141040.jpeg

meigsbucks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA Life Member
Hunted
Zimbabwe and Namibia
VX3 in a heartbeat. I have several and there is an obvious difference between them and the now discontinued VX2 of which I have several as well.
My only experience with the Freedom line is looking thru a couple at shows. It seems similar to the VX2. The VX5 Is a step above the VX3 and a large leap above the VX2.

MISportsman

AH senior member
Reaction score
Thank you all. After seeing everyone's responses and taking much time looking through the vx-3i on my 300 win mag vs other scopes on my other rifles I have decided for sure to go with another vx-3i

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliet46P8

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.