Vicious Squirrel Attack

Every morning its a race to the back porch by the young dogs to eat the squirrel head that has been left by the cat the previous night. The cat sits in the lower limb of the red oak tree. The squirrels move under the limb while distracted by feeding on the acorns. There is a blur of black death coming from above. A muted squeal and the deed is done. Only the heads are found afterwards. I am extremely grateful that my cat only weighs 6 pounds.

You got a bad cat! Or some wimpy limb rats. I watched our old Siamese catch a grown Fox Squirrel and she quit hunting them after that.

I have to laugh about this my younger son was bitten by a squirrel when he was 5 we were camping in Virginia Beach and the local squirrel population had gotten tired of scrounging for food so they waited until someone was eating would run in as fast as they could bite the hand holding the food when the kid dropped the food squirrel would circle back and grab it.
We took him to medical center think rabies got interviewed by animal control and was told that my son was 8 bite that week in campground.
Owners said they new nothing about bitting squirrels but asked me to leave after I killed 2 with hotdog fork.
So man up leave the big guns and grab a wiener fork if done right you can kill and roast them in a single step.

By the way my son loves to shoot squirrels

I did a quick google search and it does appear that it is illegal to own a pellet gun in San Fransisco. :A Whacky: At least it was just a few years ago.

I've actually been charged by a ground squirrel when I was a teenager. I was in Yellowstone on one of the platform trails near Old Faithful. This squirrel came running at me chirping up a storm and started clawing at my socks and ran away when I tried to kick it. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

lucky your still alive.

Owners said they new nothing about bitting squirrels but asked me to leave after I killed 2 with hotdog fork. ............

That is my chuckle for the day. Hilarious.

Handgun hunting for squirrel in the attic. Now that's dangerous stuff, right @edward ?

No place to run, no place to hide.

20161218_131340.jpg

royal27,you got it right,going after a squirrel with to little a gun could be your demise,quick.now macho me uses plenty of gun.scope sighted 454 casull.

ab.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i wasnt to afraid,the shot was 114 safe yards away,off my atv seat.one of the best shots i ever made.

Does this count for their ground dwelling cousins? The in-famous prairie dog. Are they just as vicious? I rarely see them so close to humans. Makes me wonder.

I am glad to see this is still going haha

I was attacked from a squirrel walking home in the 4th grade. Grabbed him and whirled his body 30 foot from his head. Tasted great that night.

I was attacked from a squirrel walking home in the 4th grade. Grabbed him and whirled his body 30 foot from his head. Tasted great that night.

You sir are a brave man to have faced death barehanded in the fourth grade. Haven't you heard of these squirrels reign of terror yet? I commend you on your noble deeds that have saved so many of this eras snowflakes from utter terror.

Puts me in mind of my great possum battle back when I was about 12 years old. I was coming home on the school bus, and I saw a huge possum plowing through the snow. I jumped out of the bus 50 feet down the road, ditched my books, grabbed a little plumb ax from our basement and intercepted the marsupial as he was working his way toward our chicken coops. He kept hissing and snapping at me but I finally timed his head swings and landed a trio of blows on his head, which took him beyond playing possum. He was about half as big as I was. (I was a little tyke in those days). I dragged him down to the skinning post where we cleaned rabbits (New Zealand Whites), and skinned and gutted him. My mom cooked him up. I think she resigned from cooking possums after that one because he was really fat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillianaLe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg