Using a Rage Hypodermic

Well done Ice man. Nice shooting. Pigs and Impala are string jumpers, so you are on a roll! Looks like both you the Halon are in sync!
They never even heard me shoot. That Halon 6 is amazing and fast.
I'm getting 309 IBO.
They only reacted when the arrow was right at them.
I check the footage to see there reaction time.

Great hunting Iceman!
Slick tricks are deadly!...why risk using a mechanical after that fixed blade performance!

@Ice man looks like you had a good Time! Nice looking critters you got there.

Great shooting, Beautiful Trophies.
Glad you had a great hunt. Forrest

Congrats Ice man. Sliktrick Magnums have been my favorites for 10+ years. Great shots with great equipment made for a great hunt.

Ice man, use a kinetic energy calculator. You can find one via google. It will tell you what your KE is. Personally...with so much on the line I would leave NOTHING to chance. A good fixed blade cut on impact style BH like a VPA is foolproof if your bow is tuned to shoot them. I would go with a heavier arrow. Your PH should be able to tell you what works and what doesn't.

https://goldtip.com/calculators.aspx
here you can figure your KE and FOC.

Screenshot (96).png

Last edited by a moderator:
The Kinetic Energy calculators are good, but don't ever use the arrow speed estimators. They flat out suck. I have looked at a bunch and they all massively underestimate arrow speed when you move to heavier arrows. I did try SFA (software for archers) and it actually was very accurate for estimating arrow speed, but it is the only one I have seen and it is not a free online calculator but a program you must download and buy.

Kinetic Energy in Ft-Lbs = Arrow Speed (in FPS) x Arrow Speed (in FPS) x Arrow Weight (in grains) / 450,800
Momentum (in slugs) = Arrow Speed (in FPS) x Arrow Weight (in grains) / 225,400

Yes, and from what I understand it is momentum that is more important than KE. For instance.. would you rather be hit with aping pong ball at 200 fps or a golf ball at the same speed? A heavier object is harder to stop.

Congrats IceMan on a great Safari. Unless I missed it, please give us a review of your hunt with Koos. I'd love to hear your opinion on his operation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross