Using a Rage Hypodermic

Well done Ice man. Nice shooting. Pigs and Impala are string jumpers, so you are on a roll! Looks like both you the Halon are in sync!
They never even heard me shoot. That Halon 6 is amazing and fast.
I'm getting 309 IBO.
They only reacted when the arrow was right at them.
I check the footage to see there reaction time.
 
Great hunting Iceman!
Slick tricks are deadly!...why risk using a mechanical after that fixed blade performance!
 
Great shooting, Beautiful Trophies.
Glad you had a great hunt. Forrest
 
Congrats Ice man. Sliktrick Magnums have been my favorites for 10+ years. Great shots with great equipment made for a great hunt.
 
Ice man, use a kinetic energy calculator. You can find one via google. It will tell you what your KE is. Personally...with so much on the line I would leave NOTHING to chance. A good fixed blade cut on impact style BH like a VPA is foolproof if your bow is tuned to shoot them. I would go with a heavier arrow. Your PH should be able to tell you what works and what doesn't.
 
https://goldtip.com/calculators.aspx
here you can figure your KE and FOC.

Screenshot (96).png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Kinetic Energy calculators are good, but don't ever use the arrow speed estimators. They flat out suck. I have looked at a bunch and they all massively underestimate arrow speed when you move to heavier arrows. I did try SFA (software for archers) and it actually was very accurate for estimating arrow speed, but it is the only one I have seen and it is not a free online calculator but a program you must download and buy.

Kinetic Energy in Ft-Lbs = Arrow Speed (in FPS) x Arrow Speed (in FPS) x Arrow Weight (in grains) / 450,800
Momentum (in slugs) = Arrow Speed (in FPS) x Arrow Weight (in grains) / 225,400
 
Yes, and from what I understand it is momentum that is more important than KE. For instance.. would you rather be hit with aping pong ball at 200 fps or a golf ball at the same speed? A heavier object is harder to stop.
 
Congrats IceMan on a great Safari. Unless I missed it, please give us a review of your hunt with Koos. I'd love to hear your opinion on his operation.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,265
Messages
1,571,009
Members
169,219
Latest member
LizetteMcC
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top