Using a Credit Card to book a hunt / incidentals while there?

rpgoldsby

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Did pawprints charge you to use your amex?

Pieter didn't charge me to use my Amex which is very surprising most outfitters in the states charge a 3 % charge especially for Amex.

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
No, I just checked the charge for the last day I was there which I put the trophy fees for my son and I on the Amex. There were no additional fees. As I said in a previous post, he could have baked that into the charges and I wouldn't know about it. I also used it at the airport on the day we departed and there were no additional charges on it.

Mekaniks

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI, South Africa- Northwest Province
I think more outfitters need to start using PayPal.

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
You know, it may be illegal in S.A. to charge more for a card. It is in some states. I know the merchants can just place that amount into the cost in some way, but still is illegal in some places. I don't know about S.A. I recently sent him $2000 to book next July on Paypal using my Amex and there was no charge to me there either.

Therack

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA PF DU NWTF
I would rather not send my banking information to a foreign country, I don't care how safe it's supposed to be. I prefer the added fraud protection of a credit card.

rpgoldsby

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
You know, it may be illegal in S.A. to charge more for a card. It is in some states. I know the merchants can just place that amount into the cost in some way, but still is illegal in some places. I don't know about S.A. I recently sent him $2000 to book next July on Paypal using my Amex and there was no charge to me there either.

The paypal setup on pawprint website is one the easiest I have used. U could do some damage to a Amex card real quick!

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
I think more outfitters need to start using PayPal.
Agree...The more choices we have the better. If a guy doesn't want to use it, don't use it.

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
The paypal setup on pawprint website is one the easiest I have used. U could do some damage to a Amex card real quick!
Agree 100 percent! Other businesses should check out how Pieter has his set up and follow the lead!!!

Mekaniks

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI, South Africa- Northwest Province
I would rather not send my banking information to a foreign country, I don't care how safe it's supposed to be. I prefer the added fraud protection of a credit card.

I have a dedicated credit card that is hooked up to my paypal acct just for this very reason. I only use the card for my hunting/traveling/PayPal transactions so the expenses and card account stays separate from the wife’s/life’s everyday credit card account. And I don’t have to worry about the credit card company inadvertently shut off the wife’s card due to one of my “unusual” or overseas charges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SosoSnozy

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh