Using a Credit Card to book a hunt / incidentals while there?

Did pawprints charge you to use your amex?

Pieter didn't charge me to use my Amex which is very surprising most outfitters in the states charge a 3 % charge especially for Amex.

No, I just checked the charge for the last day I was there which I put the trophy fees for my son and I on the Amex. There were no additional fees. As I said in a previous post, he could have baked that into the charges and I wouldn't know about it. I also used it at the airport on the day we departed and there were no additional charges on it.

I think more outfitters need to start using PayPal.

You know, it may be illegal in S.A. to charge more for a card. It is in some states. I know the merchants can just place that amount into the cost in some way, but still is illegal in some places. I don't know about S.A. I recently sent him $2000 to book next July on Paypal using my Amex and there was no charge to me there either.

I would rather not send my banking information to a foreign country, I don't care how safe it's supposed to be. I prefer the added fraud protection of a credit card.

You know, it may be illegal in S.A. to charge more for a card. It is in some states. I know the merchants can just place that amount into the cost in some way, but still is illegal in some places. I don't know about S.A. I recently sent him $2000 to book next July on Paypal using my Amex and there was no charge to me there either.

The paypal setup on pawprint website is one the easiest I have used. U could do some damage to a Amex card real quick!

I think more outfitters need to start using PayPal.
Agree...The more choices we have the better. If a guy doesn't want to use it, don't use it.

The paypal setup on pawprint website is one the easiest I have used. U could do some damage to a Amex card real quick!
Agree 100 percent! Other businesses should check out how Pieter has his set up and follow the lead!!!

I would rather not send my banking information to a foreign country, I don't care how safe it's supposed to be. I prefer the added fraud protection of a credit card.

I have a dedicated credit card that is hooked up to my paypal acct just for this very reason. I only use the card for my hunting/traveling/PayPal transactions so the expenses and card account stays separate from the wife’s/life’s everyday credit card account. And I don’t have to worry about the credit card company inadvertently shut off the wife’s card due to one of my “unusual” or overseas charges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross