USA: 2 Members First Caribou Hunt

The weather sure looks like Alaska!
Where are you hunting?
It’s so fun to see your family outdoors with you!

Best of luck to all going! I’m envious!

Long sleeves is a good sign it wasn’t too hot there. This heats getting old in the valley.
It was in the 50s the first day and 70 the next.. the wind was blowing so it made it nice. Plus it was great to get away from the smoke!

The weather sure looks like Alaska!
Where are you hunting?
It’s so fun to see your family outdoors with you!

Best of luck to all going! I’m envious!

We will be hunting about 100 120 miles north of fairbanks.

Elliot hwy on the northern side of the road is my guess. We launch out of Manley during moose season.

Geez I didn’t think there was more than one heading north! I thought I drove every road in Alaska, but that was 20 years ago:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!

Hmmm...as a matter of fact I retired the last day of July 20 years ago this month on a Friday. We packed the pickup camper over the weekend and headed for Alaska on Monday. Wonderful trip and memories!

A buddy of mine went up the day after me shed hunting and had this guy within 20 yards of him. He is early and he said he looked lost lol.
FB_IMG_1562550482130.jpg

Damn. I had a 50/50 shot. I’ll be up near pump station 3 in October. Good luck and be safe.

Well today is the day that they arrive. I'll be headed to the airport tonight at about midnight to pick them up then in the morning its off to camp. The caribou herds a really scattered and still in small herds vs bigger ones and its supposed to rain. So it could turn into a hard hunt with the couds blocking visibility. Hopefully in a couple of days we will have stories and alot of pictures to share with everyone!

Ill be watching to see a fun time!

Good luck, stay safe and pass some of that rain down here. It’s too hot and dry in wasilla. Only a matter of time before another fire starts.

Good luck, stay safe and pass some of that rain down here. It’s too hot and dry in wasilla. Only a matter of time before another fire starts.

It has rained here almost every day for the last week and a half 2 weeks.

Best of luck! I can't wait to read the follow-up reports either.
Stay safe out there.

Damn. I knew you’ve had rain but not that much. I’m still debating to go around here for early bow moose. Too hot and I don’t think I could process it fast enough.

Damn. I knew you’ve had rain but not that much. I’m still debating to go around here for early bow moose. Too hot and I don’t think I could process it fast enough.

It's been in the 50s and 60s minus yesterday that hit 70. This morning my truck said 39 lol

Good hunting! I'm looking forward to the report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpstracking

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg