Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
@AfricaHunting.com, this seems like a thread worthy of a sticky that can be updated in the future if needed. This is a big deal and has added additional unnecessary stress to the traveling hunter.

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, DSC, HSC
Hunted
USA, RSA
Chip Roy does care about guns. If he loses you will be stuck with Wendy, another gun hater.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
You must have went to Dallas, as I believe they are the only ones enforcing this.

My understanding was that CBP was going to make the entry into the AES system.
DFW was where the CBP agent met me at the gate and asked for my 4457 last August 2019. I told him there was no functioning AES system but I’d be glad for him to do what he was told to do. He was well meaning and very nice about all of it but of course misinformed.
Everyone needs to go vote republican or else this stuff will get far worse.

daawg1963

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
sci and boone and crockett
Hunted
mexico africa ak id nm co or ca mt wa
This was at the Austin Bergstrom International Airport in Austin Texas. The Custom’s agent was rather intransient about it - these are the “new” regulations and that’s it. They handed us a printed flier, with some garble goo references to different parts of the Federal Registry, with a URL that didn’t work. At first, they refused to complete our 4457 - after I showed them the link on their flier was broken, they agreed to sign the 4457, but gave us additional print outs and said this ACESDirect/EIN/EEI/ITN was mandatory, and upon returning to the airport to travel, they wouldn’t let us leave without it, and they would confiscate the firearms and fine us if we tried.
I’ve recently contacted my Senators and Congressman - I’ll let all know how that proceeds.
While I think this has been “solved” there seems to be a recent resurgence -

government dipshits they need to get some decent help - we pay then we get screwed

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
DFW was where the CBP agent met me at the gate and asked for my 4457 last August 2019. I told him there was no functioning AES system but I’d be glad for him to do what he was told to do. He was well meaning and very nice about all of it but of course misinformed.
Everyone needs to go vote republican or else this stuff will get far worse.
Aint that the truth!

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Although beware that on the other end of the pipeline, African countries typically, and South Africa for sure, mandate the use of a non-expired 4457, which means that we need to get a new one every 3 years or so (the current one expires on 9/30/2022...

View attachment 372287
Actually they want the signature date to be from the current year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RochellMar

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J