US citizens- Question-- Have you received your $1200??

I do not qualify and don't agree with the bail out, its taxpayer money from where? Adding to national debt? I did loose a $6K bonus (that we worked for) when oil tanked. The company laid off 50-60 employees in the US and 200 or more in Canada as our customers closed up shop and ceased operations. Hours were cut to 8 a day from the 16 we were working, for the 5 guys they kept. How is it that the money I made last year, but the loss of Income now that I don't qualify? I believe people who really dont need it should get it as well, put it back into the local economy. As noted above people have made purchases that were out of reach at the time, not for survival.

I've seen one of the checks sent out and a couple of the follow up letters. One that came after a check, the other identical letter to someone who received a direct deposit. Basicly a campaign letter sent out by the Treasury for Trump. The checks have a statement "Economic Impact Payment Donald J Trump".

I do think Trump has handled the logistics of this Pandemic as well or better than anyone could in his position. ( Could you imagine Oboma running this) However it irks me that he used this as a campaign nugget for himself. He is great at self promotion and efficiency.

I know people mobil depositing and saving the check because it is the first time a presidents name has ever appeared on a Treasury check. And others throwing darts at it.

Also heard second hand of a German citizen who went to school here and did some work here but moved back to Germany, and got a US stimulus check...

Direct deposit then I bought a new deer feeders for the camp haha

I do not qualify and don't agree with the bail out, its taxpayer money from where? Adding to national debt? I did loose a $6K bonus (that we worked for) when oil tanked. The company laid off 50-60 employees in the US and 200 or more in Canada as our customers closed up shop and ceased operations. Hours were cut to 8 a day from the 16 we were working, for the 5 guys they kept. How is it that the money I made last year, but the loss of Income now that I don't qualify? I believe people who really dont need it should get it as well, put it back into the local economy. As noted above people have made purchases that were out of reach at the time, not for survival.
i dont agree with it either but it showed up without any action on my part so i spent it on hunting supplies

Don’t qualify but others I know that do qualify received theirs via direct deposit. We got a bill.

Got my check about a month ago and it went into my next year's safari account.

Not unlike "obamacare", I don’t think I qualify

I didn't qualify but I'd likely now, been held to 24 billable hours pay per week the last two months. I know many have it much worse. This is also looking like a great excuse to winnow out older, higher paid employees. And cutting out a ton of overhead costs. Not happy with the way our company is handling the response to this pandemic.

I don't qualify. But the former owners of the house I bought last year must since they contacted me through my real estate agent to see if the check had shown up in my mailbox. I found this rather humorous since they didn't seem to think updating their address with virtually anyone was important up until now. A friend told me I needed to say "Nope, but would you like to see my new $2400 rifle I just bought?"

I had mine sent directly to Gun Broker

If you received a federal tax refund and it was directly deposited in your bank account you should already have it. I had to pay in last year which I did electronically from my bank. That didn't work so I went to IRS website and gave them my banking info and we got our check. We came close to not qualifing because we toke money out of IRA.

I have direct deposit and received mine right after they started going out. Spent it on dental work.

Some friends who don't have direct deposit or any electronic payment set up with the IRS got theirs last week in paper form

wife and i received ours in direct deposit.

Ray B...I'm with you. Just got my check today. Property taxes due in a month or two so it gets stashed away.

We had to go online and fix or fill in some info and then it came direct deposit quit quickly. Sounds silly but google “ where is my stimulus payment” or something along those lines and you will get to the finish line. My wife figured it out with help from Facebook or wherever.
Used ours to finish a basement bedroom for a teenage daughter-BUT we do owe some federal taxes again this year so in July we will have to write out a check to the irs. Maybe I’ll make them google how to get it from me(y)

I do not qualify and I do not support it either. The democrats wanted to increase spending on useless programs and the republicans were more than happy to go along with it hoping that these checks would buy Trump some votes. We could have weathered a short recession. We cannot survive our exploding debt and inflation. We have been sold out by Washington yet again.

My friend, Jim S received his money, and a check for his mother that died in 2017. It was made out to Barbara J Sxxxx Deceased...........maybe that's where my $1200 bucks went..................FWB

I read a article that said that a lot of checks went to deceased people and that the government wanted the checks back

No, all I do is pay them. It never works the other way around for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusM4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you