Update COVID rules

I'll provide feedback, I'm flying tomorrow and I'm taking my white vacc card, a printed and electronic vaccination certificate with QR code. Hopefully they'll let me in. LOL!

I went to the Vax yes site and entered the required info and paid the $5 and immediately received the level 1 card for my two shots and booster. I was informed I would receive an update when the team has verified my submission to level 2. That was Monday morning and still no word. Reading these posts it seems you guys got the QR code almost immediately. Has anyone else had this issue and if so did you eventually get your card?
Thanks

I just went through OR Tambo and it was smooth as silk. I used vac yes site and only had “level one” verification. They take your temperature in line and then you show the printed vax cards from yes vax. I also had no batch number on my back and it did not matter. The only people I witnessed being hassled were pulling it up on their phone. About to head to the range to get dialed in for an ole dagga boy!

What kind of hassling were the doing to people with the digital version?
That’s what we have and will be leaving Sunday.
Just wondering if I should try to get a printed version as well.

Don’t want to freak you out. I’m sure if you are confident and have everything easily accessible it won’t be a problem. When I went through, there were two older couples attempting to pull up vax cards on their phone. They were pulled to the side. I breezed through and didn’t see what happened with them. If it is easy to do, I’d use a printout. Safe travels!

Don’t want to freak you out. I’m sure if you are confident and have everything easily accessible it won’t be a problem. When I went through, there were two older couples attempting to pull up vax cards on their phone. They were pulled to the side. I breezed through and didn’t see what happened with them. If it is easy to do, I’d use a printout. Safe travels!
Better to be safe than sorry or regret nothing a printout in this situation

I just went through OR Tambo and it was smooth as silk. I used vac yes site and only had “level one” verification. They take your temperature in line and then you show the printed vax cards from yes vax. I also had no batch number on my back and it did not matter. The only people I witnessed being hassled were pulling it up on their phone. About to head to the range to get dialed in for an ole dagga boy!
How do you print the card from vax yes? They issued my digital card but I can’t figure out how to print it. Thanks

I wouldn't worry too much about printing it out, just know where it is on your phone and how to access it along with having enough battery power on the phone to open it up.

But if you need to print it out there should be a option on your phone to print it. Look for the three vertical dots if you are on a Android and select them when you have it opened. I have no idea for a IPhone

We flew back last saturday. Flying over we needed a negative test less than 24hrs ahead (did the home test w/ televisit). Entering Johan customs wanted to see vax card and negative test. Returning we got tested at Johan for $14 at airport. That testing station is a joke and they dont actually test your sample but spit you out a result and good to go. Was easy flying back.

In istanbul and Johan no one in airport was wearing a mask but have too once go through gate onto plane. Turkish airline was pretty lax once we took off then before landing reminded us to put mask on again which you can immediately take off once enter airport.... Its a weird time to be alive.

I wouldn't worry too much about printing it out, just know where it is on your phone and how to access it along with having enough battery power on the phone to open it up.

But if you need to print it out there should be a option on your phone to print it. Look for the three vertical dots if you are on a Android and select them when you have it opened. I have no idea for a IPhone
Thanks, I figured it out.

Good point on having enough battery power left to open up your phone after half a lifetime on the airplane. You'd think the seats would have USB ports to charge your phone, but probably not. I have a solar charger with USB ports that'll charge a couple phones. I could duct tape it to the aircraft window during the day and recharge it? LOL

Most have USB ports and earbud/phone jacks for the entertainment console- unless as your'e boarding you notice three prop engines and a Pan Am logo on the side. Oh wait a minute, that was a Twilight Zone episode :)

Last edited:
Most have USB ports and earbud/phone jacks for the entertainment console- unless as your'e boarding you notice three prop engines and a Pan Am logo on the side. Oh wait a minute, that was a Twilight Zone episode :)
And in that episode, the Devil like creature flying next to the plane was REAL! If I recall, it was messing with one of the engines and nobody believed the paranoid passenger who saw it. Kind of like reading some of the stuff on here? Ha! Ha! Ha!

Yes! I think it was a modern jet and William Shatner was the only passenger who could see the creature tearing up an engine.

Pardon the thread drift. Twilight Zone did two versions of this. This is the spookier one. As an aside, one the most intense lightning storms I've ever been in was around JNB- IIRC mid-July?. Turns out it's geographically one of locations on Earth with a very high potential for producing super cumulonimbus systems which in turn produce sprites... those neon-like arcs that shoot straight up out of the tops of these 50,000 ft super systems.

Flying in intense lightning storms is no picnic, downright frightening actually and this Twilight Zone Episode was written I imagine to capitalize on that fear. :)

Just back within the last hour. VaxYes QR digital worked well inbound. Both Level 1 (wife) and Level 2 (me). They just glanced at it and Passport. Had Covid test results in hand for return to USA. Didn’t upload to airline, no one asked to see them. Complete waste of $$$. Of course, YMMV

Pardon the thread drift. Twilight Zone did two versions of this. This is the spookier one. As an aside, one the most intense lightning storms I've ever been in was around JNB- IIRC mid-July?. Turns out it's geographically one of locations on Earth with a very high potential for producing super cumulonimbus systems which in turn produce sprites... those neon-like arcs that shoot straight up out of the tops of these 50,000 ft super systems.

Flying in intense lightning storms is no picnic, downright frightening actually and this Twilight Zone Episode was written I imagine to capitalize on that fear. :)

Thanks for sharing this! I had forgotten that both William Shatner and Dan Akroyd were in the remake.

Just back within the last hour. VaxYes QR digital worked well inbound. Both Level 1 (wife) and Level 2 (me). They just glanced at it and Passport. Had Covid test results in hand for return to USA. Didn’t upload to airline, no one asked to see them. Complete waste of $$$. Of course, YMMV

But ya know if you didn't...Murphys law

So, you just showed them the digital VaxYes results on your phone as your got off the plane and that was it? Leaving next week on Delta, appreciate the information. Thanks

So, you just showed them the digital VaxYes results on your phone as your got off the plane and that was it? Leaving next week on Delta, appreciate the information. Thanks
Yes. Along with my passport for ID. Showed a woman just before going into the que for customs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!