Unique European Idea.... I think

CM McKenzie

AH fanatic
Joined
Dec 7, 2018
Messages
506
Reaction score
1,714
Location
Sundance, Wyoming
Media
53
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hunted
Namibia
I’ve had this idea in the back of my mind for about ten years now. I found this whitetail skull while feeding cows about that long ago.

I have searched all over the web, and have not found another one like it. After completing it, I know why.
I started a few weeks ago with the skull and a couple of quarts of Bondo.
50C4D1B7-BEFF-45C0-8394-13B5F038AC27.jpeg
 
That could turn out looking great! If you could get it airbrushed to look like stained wood so it gave a carved appearance, you may be into something.

I’m looking forward to see how you finish it
 
I went a different route.

I have built a pile of saddles in my day. So I have a pretty good idea how leather works. I wanted to completely wrap it with leather. The problem you encounter. If you have leather that will mold to that extreme. It’s really hard to get it to tool.
9285E6FC-FCEE-4A25-B658-2BEE17553E44.jpeg
I had to case the leather over night and mold it to the skull over a process that took several days.
 
I've never seen that done before. I really like how it turned out. Thanks for sharing the whole process, it's an awesome piece!
 
Beautiful work! And as you said, lots of patience required. Well done!
 
That looks fantastic, well done!

Edit…I had to go back and look at the antlers as I ignored them as a looked at your process. :A Wacko:
Really like how that turned out!
 
Last edited:
I’ll be honest....I didn’t start posting this when I first started it, because I wasn’t dead certain it was going to work. I was pretty excited when it actually came together.
 
That turned out REALLY well! Certainly some skills and patience involved.
I'm quite impressed. Thanks for sharing.
 
That is incredible! Thanks for sharing!
 
Really like how it looks! Very unique
 
Very nice, great work & thanks for showing us !

I just recently saw some Wooden Skulls with antlers added & they were cool to !
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,464
Members
169,360
Latest member
ManuelHood
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top