Underwear for safari?

This post may soon get moved to “the lighter side” thread.

Most guys tend to go for this look in varying shades of khaki.
If you can get brown tights it helps so your legs look like tree trunks.
Go for hot pants, the tighter the better, nothing will will crawl up the legs of those bad boys.
It really does work.
And remember, what happens in Africa stays in Africa. No-one here will tell a soul and your PH will completely understand.
Honest. View attachment 226563

I’m looking for a new camp and outfitter if I arrive and find out that it is “village people” week.
IMG_6628.JPG

What would you use in Chewore in november..? We’re talking 40C plus..

Hunted in October next door in Dande.....yes, HOT.

I wear all synthetics, moisture wicking boxer-briefs under; I never pack cotton anything ever. Merino blend socks. I had 2 pairs of boots and rotated sometimes at mid day to allow them to dry.

Hunting was fine, used electrolyte drink mix added to water bottle. Avon skin so soft with SPF and Picardin for sun/bugs.

Biggest thing was night trying to get to sleep! Took a small battery fan on recommendation of someone else and it was a must have. Small solar recharger for batteries.

I've only ever gone with cotton, never taken anything synthetic.
I always hunt in shorts and under those just regular briefs.
Never had an issue with chafing or wildlife crawling up the legs.
It's also worth bearing in mind that the camp laundry person might not wash and iron according to the instructions on synthetic clothes whereas most wash and iron cotton daily.

Spookster...............be cautious........fwiw......I have heard of guys going commando and roaring like a lion after using permethrin spray........FWB

It's also worth bearing in mind that the camp laundry person might not wash and iron according to the instructions on synthetic clothes whereas most wash and iron cotton daily.

This has not been my experience at all; I want to say around a dozen places I have had laundry done now; photo camps and hunting combined.

Got to be a great look with a nice pair of dress slacks :E Horrified:

Why would you assume that I would ever wear dress slacks. They are the second most useless piece of clothing invented my man. Most useless is a suit coat

Boxer Briefs made from a high tech fabric.

I wear a lot of ExOfficio gear. Check them out.

Thank you to those who gove best advice, much appreciated!

To the comedians, and those who get into guns no matter which topic, have a look:

I grew up in a very humid and hot climate. I have very large legs and always had a problem with chafing. Boxer briefs work the best for me by far and that’s what I’ll stick.

I have no problem with going commando so long as you change clothes in another tent.

Spookster...............be cautious........fwiw......I have heard of guys going commando and roaring like a lion after using permethrin spray........FWB

Unfortunately I can attest to that... wanted to make sure no tick gets close to the "sack"... a good dose of Tabbard repellent spray directly to the skin had me hopping around a bit :eek: :D

The one concession I make is all my hunting skivs are leopard skin print.

I can honestly say that I have never thought to think through the underwear issue. (n) I simply wear what I do at home and don't worry about it - never had an issue. Bug repellent doesn't phase a tsetse fly, but works very well against ticks (fortunately where I have hunted in Namibia and Mozambique one rarely ever sees them). In non tsetse areas, I hunt in shorts - where they are endemic, I hunt in long pants (they will murder you in the back of the cruiser in shorts.)

The worst area I have ever hunted with regard to ticks is North Carolina. Long pants bloused into a combat style boot, liberally sprayed at the waste and the top of the boot with repellent stopped most of them. Have not had to do that in Africa yet.
N.C. is bad. I was lucky enough to catch Rocky Mountain spotted fever last year. Not fun at all. The coast near ft Bragg and camp Lejune are the worse. Those ticks and skeeters are immune to just about everything from decades of military excercises.

+1 about Ft Bragg on ticks and mosquitoes. I was stationed there. And don't forget the copperhead around Camp McKall.

Now living in Tennessee, there are areas infested with seed ticks. Most hunters hunting in those public areas have learned to wear panty hose or spend the night with a magnify glass and tweezers to pick the little buggers off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.