Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Life Member, DSC, NRA Life Member
Hunted
Canada, RSA, USA, Zimbabwe
I'll be airborne in two weeks for my first trip over. Bags are all packed. I've shaken down my packing list about 5 times. Going to to my last bit of shooting tomorrow after my weekly trap shooting. Rifle permits have been secured. Now I guess there's nothing left to do but wait??

tick tock...tick tock...........tick tock ....................tick tock
does it feel like the clock is slowing or stopped

Post on AH to make the time go faster!!!! What are you hunting for PG, DG? Who with, where? Rifle or bow, is anyone going with you? Are you renting or taking your own guns?

Hunting with @JWK Safaris and @Jono Joseph for cape buffalo bull and cow. If time allows after, we're going to chase a bit of plains game. I'd really like a bushbuck, possibly and impala. But we will see what sticks it's shoulder out for me. Traveling alone (unforunately) and bringing my own guns. Planning on taking a buff each with a Merkel 140 .470NE (loaded with 500gr Woodleigh RN's) and an AHR worked over CZ550 .375H&H (loaded with 350gr Woodleigh PP's).

Good luck Brandon! The time will go fast!

Congratulations, it has been a long time coming.

Enjoy your time there.

A bull and cow...perfect! Have an awesome hunt!

Best of luck!!

Wish you the best of luck !

Just did my last check list run through and repack.

I'm awaiting an email from SAA as to the weight being inclusive of the locking container or not. The raw weight of the ammunition (40 rds 470NE, 40rds 375H&H) is well under 5kg, but the pelican 1200 brings it up to 5.5 with two TSA locks. I'll let everyone know what they say. Not sure what I'm planning to do otherwise, as my SAP paperwork indicated 40rds of each. Do they have issue with showing up with less than what's on the preapproved permit?

Guns were shot today for the last time before the trip. Everything checked out fine with both rifles.

Now to just survive the week. Off tomorrow for the holiday and took friday off to spend time with the little guy and the wife, so only 3 work days to contend with. Loading up the iPad with movies and books in the interim.

Just spoke with an SAA rep on the phone, they said the 5kg is INCLUSIVE of the locking container. They also said that reloading components such as brass are included in the weight limit.

Good Luck. Sounds like a great hunt. Consider rethinking the TSA locks. They are basically worthless. Everyone and their uncle/brother/sister-in-law has a key.

Thank you, sir. I've only attached the TSA locks to satiate the requirement of a "lockable container."

Under 24 hours to go. Malarone has been started. Everything's been packed, repacked, and weighed. Now I guess I just wait and play with the baby till it's time to leave.

When we flew last August the 5 Kg. limit included the wt. of the paper/cardboard/plastic container that 20 rounds normally come in. It did not include the weight of the lockable container and or the locks. Hope this helps.

Good luck and safe travels!

I'm late to this thread but have a great TIME!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg