Traveling to South Africa with young minor daughter documents??

elklver

Reaction score
My daughter and I are traveling to South Africa 7/27 (end of the month) and because she is under 18 I am being told she will need more documentation. However, I am seeing conflicting information on the internet. Has anyone traveled to South Africa recently with their child?

More info:
My daughter is 15. She is traveling with just me. (one parent)
She has a passport, birth certificate and we have a travel consent form from my wife (mom) plus a copy of mom's passport.

I am reading we have to get a court order granting full parental responsibilities. Is this correct?

Anyone that has traveled recently to SA I would love to hear what documents you had to produce.

Thanks in advance!

Employ the services of a travel agent like Gracy or @TRAVEL EXPRESS. They'll walk you through the process.

Make sure you have documentation that is acceptable to EVERY country you will transit, not just the destination. Also check with each airline that you will be taking as they may also have their own regulations and requirements.

From the official website of the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in South Africa: Entry and Exit Requirements for Children in South Africa:

Check out: SOUTH AFRICA Hunting Information:
and scroll down to the section: South Africa Regulation for Traveling with Children.

You can also check out: New South African Regulations for Traveling With Children:

Find below a few similar threads to help in your search, however some may be old and therefore the information possibly outdated so make sure to get up to date information:

Attachments

• Immigrationleaflet.pdf
    469.9 KB · Views: 87
We just got home the 28th from SA and had no problems. I travelled with a group that included my buddy who had his boys 17 & 12 with him.
He had their passports and a letter that was notarized and signed by both he and his wife giving him permission to travel to SA with their sons. No problems flying from salt lake to NJ then to Joberg on United.

My daughter and I are traveling to South Africa 7/27 (end of the month) and because she is under 18 I am being told she will need more documentation. However, I am seeing conflicting information on the internet. Has anyone traveled to South Africa recently with their child?

More info:
My daughter is 15. She is traveling with just me. (one parent)
She has a passport, birth certificate and we have a travel consent form from my wife (mom) plus a copy of mom's passport.

I am reading we have to get a court order granting full parental responsibilities. Is this correct?

Anyone that has traveled recently to SA I would love to hear what documents you had to produce.

Thanks in advance!
You will have to read everything on this to be current. I do know you have to have an affidavit from the mother along with a photo copy of her Passport. All of the child’s info as you mentioned as well. The airlines know of these rules and will refuse boarding from the US if everything is not in order.
Check, double check, and take extra copies of everything.
Philip
Normally your travel agent will help you with he details.

I just got back from South Africa!!! Traveled with my 13 year old son. Flew into Germany then to South Africa. Flew to port Elizabeth for ten days then to Cape Town. Flew from Cape Town to Germany then back home to Los Angele.

I have every document asked for, birth certificate, consent form from my wife, travel consent form, medical consent form, extra copies of passports all notarized! Not one person asked me for any of them. Traveling from Cape Town to Germany I thought for sure they would ask? Nope. Only wanted the passports and negative test.

Lufthansa treated him as an adult per their guidelines. I contacted the African embassy and spoke with them, had their form filled out and notarized too, again no one asked for them. The good thing is I did have them all, I followed everyone’s guidance and had them in my folder just in case.

My bank did all of the notary for free, about $150 if I had to pay for them. Jennifer at travel express sent me a list and forms for travel with a minor.

I had the best trip ever, if you need anything please pm me

I just returned from south africa trip with my 17 year old daughter.
she had a passport and a form filled out we were told we would need.
nobody asked for anything other than passport

Done three times although not current in the last year. Birth certificate, a notarized note from the mother with a copy of her passport, South Africa has a minor travel form that needs to be signed by both parents. No court order needed unless there is no consent.

I take back my comments above. Do a quick google search and you will find the South Africa requirements. In cases where you have sole custody yes a court order is on the paper but I assume it is the court order granting you the sole custody. Not a new one.

I traveled through SA on Sunday with my 17 year old son. No one asked for any documents, but they are required to have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolkKnives

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.