Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I changed up the lenses for my shooting glasses. I went with a copper colour, and tried it out today. It seems to dramatically increase contrast. When I look into the forest behind my house I clearly see through the bushes and trees. Maybe it's the new prescription, but it seems a lot better than the dark tint I had before. Anyone hunt with glasses colour tinted?

I'm the same way. I copper tint in a polarized lens is all I use now. I like the Randolph's American Tan lens, I have a couple and they really do well in very bright sun, all the way down to rather low light.

I'm the same way. I copper tint in a polarized lens is all I use now. I like the Randolph's American Tan lens, I have a couple and they really do well in very bright sun, all the way down to rather low light.
I use that brand too, but an old pair - I am rocking the '70's look:LOL:

Nah. The 50s. The birth of rock and roll. My glasses are photo grey and they do get a little dark in the evening. My ski goggles are a rose tint and work well in all conditions.

My sunglasses (which I commonly shoot and bird/rabbit hunt with) are dark grey tint. I trout fish quite a bit and the dark grey is always preferred over the brown/amber. It's been 20 years since I tried other colors so maybe technology has changed.

I use both blue tint and orange/ copper. It does make a difference depending on background.

My sunglasses (which I commonly shoot and bird/rabbit hunt with) are dark grey tint. I trout fish quite a bit and the dark grey is always preferred over the brown/amber. It's been 20 years since I tried other colors so maybe technology has changed.

On water, I have a pair of costas that are a green tint that work really well for me. I still am a horrible fisherman, but I can see what I am not catching.

Last edited:
I generally don't wear sunglasses when hunting.
I took a pair on safari and they never left the truck.
At the range I wear non-polarized grey tint outside and yellow inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PedroEiche

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you