"Tiger Rifle" For Sale In .405 Winchester

I’m in on this it’s down the road from me so I will be bidding I’ve been waiting on it going to auction since the owner past on and it was decided to sell his collection at peters

If you are in the UK it could be a fair bargain; not so if in the US.

If you are in the UK it could be a fair bargain; not so if in the US.
Yeah. Same as when I export guns out of the states For over here it adds a fair bit to them Worst bit with this one is one of the club members has got involved and got hold of the reloading gear for all his guns

Reloading gear for a .405 is fairly inexpensive and common. In fact, with the new .405 I just purchased has brass, bullets, dies, etc. that will be extra as I already have what I need.

Reloading gear for a .405 is fairly inexpensive and common. In fact, with the new .405 I just purchased has brass, bullets, dies, etc. that will be extra as I already have what I need.
Yeah It’s not over here though as not a popular Caliber at all

Hi Cal,
Welcome back to the big bore lever gun! :)

My 1886 and 1895 Winchesters have done well in Africa and if you do begin preparation for such a Safari, I can share some Safari Proven .405 and .45-90 load data with you.

I still remember showing the 400 grain .405 cartridge to a landowner to convince him my 1895 levergun could handle a Cape Buff. After the hunt, he provide refreshments and wanted to chat about the rifle and the hunt.
I think he was convinced of the effectiveness of the cartridge, especially with modern bullets. He had seen the 1+ inch hole in the heart left by the Woodleigh Weldcore that entered behind the rearmost rib and exited between the front legs (just where the PH told me to shoot).

Kenneth Anderson....first thing that comes to mind when I see a .405. Good luck with the bid

Hi Cal,
Welcome back to the big bore lever gun! :)

My 1886 and 1895 Winchesters have done well in Africa and if you do begin preparation for such a Safari, I can share some Safari Proven .405 and .45-90 load data with you.

I still remember showing the 400 grain .405 cartridge to a landowner to convince him my 1895 levergun could handle a Cape Buff. After the hunt, he provide refreshments and wanted to chat about the rifle and the hunt.
I think he was convinced of the effectiveness of the cartridge, especially with modern bullets. He had seen the 1+ inch hole in the heart left by the Woodleigh Weldcore that entered behind the rearmost rib and exited between the front legs (just where the PH told me to shoot).

Kenneth Anderson....first thing that comes to mind when I see a .405. Good luck with the bid
My mother knows Anderson's daughter - and she still has all his 1st editions!! Aside from that, my father shot his first leopard (at 7yrs of age!!) with his father's .405 Winchester. This was after the leopard had begun to regularly eat his pet guineapigs. My father got a hiding for shooting it, but his father had the skin mounted. Then whenever after he was asked by visitors, he'd proudly say: "A member of the family shot that leopard."

Anyone know the hammer price? Add 22% to that.
Cal

The rifle sold for 2300 GBP or 2856 USD. A more than fair price. But..
plus 22% buyer's fee of $628 for $3484. That is a good price if the barrel was 24". Not so if the barrell is indeed 23".
From the $3484 figure, add the following:
packing and paperwork from the auction company
transportation to the shipper
Shipper's fee, license, freight to the US
Customs and borker's fees in the US
Postage to the importing FFL
The FFL's import fee
Postage to the buyer's FFL
FFL's fee to put it on his books

I guess the total cost would be a bit shy of $6000.
Which is just what I paid for my .405 which is in the post to me as I write this.
OF course, if the buyer is a gent in the UK then he has a fair deal.
Cal
PS. My rifle came with dies, shell holder, bullets, original and new ammo, and lots of brass.

The rifle sold for 2300 GBP or 2856 USD. A more than fair price. But..
plus 22% buyer's fee of $628 for $3484. That is a good price if the barrel was 24". Not so if the barrell is indeed 23".
From the $3484 figure, add the following:
packing and paperwork from the auction company
transportation to the shipper
Shipper's fee, license, freight to the US
Customs and borker's fees in the US
Postage to the importing FFL
The FFL's import fee
Postage to the buyer's FFL
FFL's fee to put it on his books

I guess the total cost would be a bit shy of $6000.
Which is just what I paid for my .405 which is in the post to me as I write this.
OF course, if the buyer is a gent in the UK then he has a fair deal.
Cal
PS. My rifle came with dies, shell holder, bullets, original and new ammo, and lots of brass.

cal
You forgot the vat at 20% too

No VAT if directly shipped out of the country. Or at least with the last firearms I bought at auction a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 11.12.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 11.12.36 AM.png
    874.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 11.12.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 11.12.38 AM.png
    409.3 KB · Views: 68

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlejandroM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.