Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
It's good they caught him; unfortunate that it took 20 years.

@Newboomer , @WAB & @mark-hunter

Thank you very much for bringing this thread to my attention . The poacher in question , was nicknamed “ Tiger Habib “ . He indiscriminately killed 70 Royal Bengal tigers ( male , female and cub ) by employing folidol . He used to work with ( or rather for ) Indian poachers , who used to infiltrate our territory through the Indian part of the Sundarbans . I need not belabor how hefty a sum is fetched on the black market by the hide of a Royal Bengal tiger . The teeth and bones are sold to the Chinese black market ( many Chinese people consider Royal Bengal tiger bones to be an aphrodisiac ) .

Now , he will not be getting out of prison for a very long time . I personally believe that the only way to make sure that the population of Royal Bengal tigers can be preserved and increased , is by legalizing trophy hunting for Royal Bengal tigers . The harsh ( ? ) reality of life is that the best way to preserve a species , is is by placing monetary value upon the animal . By permitting a limited number of client hunters to pay a substantial sum in order to legally hunt a few Royal Bengal tigers per year , the fee could be used to fund anti poaching patrols and even keep the habitats of Royal Bengal tigers perfectly maintained . Only Royal Bengal tigers of advanced age should be targeted , because these are are the most likely ( virtually guaranteed ) to become marauders ( when Royal Bengal tigers become old , their claws and fangs fall out ; leaving them unable to catch their natural prey and this is when the bulk of Royal Bengal tigers become marauders after they find human beings easier to hunt ) . Unfortunately , this dream can only become a reality when Bangladesh begins to distance itself from India and it’s influence ( hopefully , this shall happen soon judging by the recent public outrage which most Bengali locals have begun to feel about India ) . Why is this so ? I believe that everybody knows how Indians feel about hunting , and they love imposing their illiterate opinions on whomever they are able to . It is a fortunate miracle that we are at least able to legally hunt waterfowl , upland birds , Axis deer , barking deer and Bengal bush boar ( with police permission ) . Despite India’s repeated attempts to get those banned in our country , as well . I thank the stars for that . I just wish that locals saw Royal Bengal tigers as commodes , just like we see birds or deer or Bengal bush boar .

Without placing a monetary value on these animals , people will have no incentive to protect them . The habitats of Royal Bengal tigers will be razed , in order to build farms and factories ( among other urban monstrosities ) . As the Royal Bengal tiger is driven out of his natural habitat , he will be forced to became a livestock killer . This brings him into conflict with locals , who will try to kill him or ward him off . Eventually , the Royal Bengal tiger will kill a human being in self defense and take a few bites from the fresh of the carcass . And the Royal Bengal tiger will realize that he prefers human flesh to that of Axis deer or Bengal bush boar . Thus , a marauding Royal Bengal tiger is unnecessarily born . As I have stated in several of my writings ( including my book “ Jokhon Shikari Chilam “ ) , a marauding Royal Bengal tiger is willing to swim for several miles just so that he can find the nearest human settlement . The choices then , are down to two : Either the Royal Bengal tiger gets killed or people get killed .

We also need stronger leadership . Between 1972 and 1996 , MD Golam Habib was the Divisional Forest Officer of the Sundarban Forest Department . He was extremely competent in his post . He personally shot and killed three marauding Royal Bengal tigers , himself . All of these were old animals , which became marauders for no reason related to man . During his posting , human-wildlife conflict was almost ZERO . We also had Forest Rangers who were genuinely passionate about wildlife such as the late Pachabdi Gazi and his brother , the now retired Shafiq Gazi . But today , Forest Department Officers are nowhere as competent . They do not actually care about wildlife or sustainable hunting or conservation . They do their job , simply because they are being paid to .

Well , that is how I feel about this subject .

Last edited:
Thank you professor!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyan65373

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.