Tiger in Houston May 10, 2021

That lady is funny !
It was approaching the officer in an aggressive manner ???? He would have shot it, lol.
And its just a youngster. I wouldn't worry about that house cat til its an adult !

Still just a youngster. Could still cause some damage if in the wrong mood.
Bruce

Reading the title, I thought you meant Tiger Woods. :A Blink:

And I thought, somebody would shoot a tiger on the lawn, in the suburban Houston.

This is not gonna End well.People and Big Cats dont mix well,and its usually the Cat that gets a Bad Rap for doing what Nature has taught it to do.Cant understand when people are gonna learn.

I'll load up my hounds and be there in a bit ....

I don't know diddle about actual sub-adult tiger behavior, but sub-adult brown bears are often the ones to be most cautious of; they are the ones most likely to push the envelope because they don't know any better. I'd think maybe the same could be true of apex felines. But that's just a guess. ;)

Was I the only one amazed that the weapon of choice appeared to be a pistol and most likely a Glock 9mm?

I know it's better than nothing but he should really count his blessings on the outcome.

Only if this was anywhere but Houston would this surprise me, Houston all I can say is yep that’s a fk’n tiger on that lawn alright! Nothing surprises me here anymore.

I'll load up my hounds and be there in a bit ....
Hounds dont work well with Tigers,some people had tried them for protection of Humans &Cattle,didnt end well.Have seen Dogs Pack who would Tree Leopards and wait for Spots to come down,take off like some one had lit their Backsides at the Sight of a Tigress.Tigers are a different ball game,specially the ones living in Jungles.Cant say much regarding the City Dwelling Tigers.

There is probably more tigers kept as pets in US, then they are in the wild, on Asian continent.

There is probably more tigers kept as pets in US, then they are in the wild, on Asian continent.

Joe Rogan has a stand up bit about there being more Tigers in Texas than all of the wild. My neighbor growing up had some. He was an exotic pet dealer though, had all kinds of crazy stuff.

imes like this I wonder why people can't just stick to dogs and cats
To be different,the MAN.And then Shit happens.Way back in 1950s & 60s,in my part of the World a couple of people picked up Tiger/leopard Cubs after they shot the Mother,and got them home to keep as Pets,most of these Cubs didnt make it,the ones that did were either Shot or Put in Jail { Zoo's}.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg