Thoughts on Kimber Caprivi .375

Now to decide on which of the 2 scopes to buy first.
1-4 Trijicon or a 3-9 Trijicon.

My buddy has a 1-4 Trijicon on his 375 H&H and loves it, I like it and have thought about buying one for one of my 375's.

That said I have a Leupold VX3i 1.5-5 on both of my Winchester 375 H&H's.
 
My buddy has a 1-4 Trijicon on his 375 H&H and loves it, I like it and have thought about buying one for one of my 375's.

That said I have a Leupold VX3i 1.5-5 on both of my Winchester 375 H&H's.

Good to know he likes it because I just ordered one. I’ve shot a 375 with a 3-9 on it and liked it.
 
That’s a great attitude
Kimber makes a great rifle and I own them but in the few interactions I’ve had with them, they have that: Thanks for buying our product, now don’t bother us attitude.
I’ve only purchased one rifle from Montana Rifle Co so far, but they were great to deal with. If I buy another .375, it will most likely be a MRC.
 
Good to know he likes it because I just ordered one. I’ve shot a 375 with a 3-9 on it and liked it.
Congrats on the rifle.

My 375 (just sold it) had a Leupold 1.5-5x20 on it and at 5x still left me wanting more magnification for the longer pokes.
The new 375 will have a Swaro 1.7-13.3x42 to prevent that from happening again.

I'd say 3-9x would be just the ticket in a quality set of QD rings.
Never know when you might be following up on Buffalo in the thick stuff.
 
Congrats on the rifle.

My 375 (just sold it) had a Leupold 1.5-5x20 on it and at 5x still left me wanting more magnification for the longer pokes.
The new 375 will have a Swaro 1.7-13.3x42 to prevent that from happening again.

I'd say 3-9x would be just the ticket in a quality set of QD rings.
Never know when you might be following up on Buffalo in the thick stuff.

Thank you. I’m pretty excited to have a DG rifle again. I ordered Talley QD lever rings. I’ve heard good things this is my first set. In a few months I’m going to pick up a 3-9. The 1.7-13.3x42 sounds like a killer set up. Best of both worlds.
 
Boomstick, take a look at the Leupold VX5 2-10x illuminated. I have it in 3-15x on my 300WM and like it, but that’s more than you need on a 375 IMO. But, if I were to start over, the 2-10x would be my first to try on my 375.
The illuminated dot works really nice in dim light. On dark animals such as black bear, brown bear, and cape buffalo it’s very nice!

I shot antelope out to over 400 yards with my old 30-06 topped by nothing more than a Redfield fixed 4x. From the bench it would shoot under 3” groups at 300 yards with only the 4x.

Not sure what’s going on with all the young folks eyes these days that they need such powerful scopes. I know why this old man does!:ROFLMAO::LOL::whistle:
 
Boomstick, take a look at the Leupold VX5 2-10x illuminated. I have it in 3-15x on my 300WM and like it, but that’s more than you need on a 375 IMO. But, if I were to start over, the 2-10x would be my first to try on my 375.
The illuminated dot works really nice in dim light. On dark animals such as black bear, brown bear, and cape buffalo it’s very nice!

I shot antelope out to over 400 yards with my old 30-06 topped by nothing more than a Redfield fixed 4x. From the bench it would shoot under 3” groups at 300 yards with only the 4x.

Not sure what’s going on with all the young folks eyes these days that they need such powerful scopes. I know why this old man does!:ROFLMAO::LOL::whistle:

Agreed. My favorite rifle in recent history was a semi custom FN 98 270 win topped with a new model Weaver K6 fixed 6x duplex. That thing was a tac driver too! 8 inch steel plate was easy at 450~ Unfortunately like so many others it was sold off to fund this 375HH
 
I’ve got a 3-9 VX-R on one 375 and like the versatility of a 3-9 but I think if it were going to be used for DG also, I’d look at going with the 1-6 trijicon, upper end of 6 is quite adequate for a 375 IMO. I walk around with my variable scopes set at 4 most of the time anyway and very rarely move it for a shot on game.
Swarovski V6i 1.7-10x42 is another scope that would be perfect for your set up.
 
2BC07377-89A6-4E38-B937-14EAD95DAE72.jpeg
167BEAF4-01EB-4D16-B65F-AC0D94F79A0F.jpeg
8521B4F1-8AD6-4261-8FE0-3C7E163F4EB8.jpeg
7BA606B8-7C47-40BE-9130-713D18560470.jpeg
F7FE5E94-610B-4648-A508-84FC3B0A73BE.jpeg
F4E542F7-5DD5-4B5C-9892-20AC9925DCA4.jpeg
F8586C57-498B-40B4-8E0D-EA10B7268084.jpeg
F393169F-1968-40E6-98F7-899F9193A8B4.jpeg
5B42A7EC-BFC0-4F59-A5CE-EA244C9F0740.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Boomstick, take a look at the Leupold VX5 2-10x illuminated. I have it in 3-15x on my 300WM and like it, but that’s more than you need on a 375 IMO. But, if I were to start over, the 2-10x would be my first to try on my 375.
The illuminated dot works really nice in dim light. On dark animals such as black bear, brown bear, and cape buffalo it’s very nice!

I shot antelope out to over 400 yards with my old 30-06 topped by nothing more than a Redfield fixed 4x. From the bench it would shoot under 3” groups at 300 yards with only the 4x.

Not sure what’s going on with all the young folks eyes these days that they need such powerful scopes. I know why this old man does!:ROFLMAO::LOL::whistle:
I love a good fixed 4x but they are hard to find nowadays.
 
I see it already has a place in your bed...:D
You must reeeeeeeeeeeally like the new addition.

Congratulations to you.
 
I see it already has a place in your bed...:D
You must reeeeeeeeeeeally like the new addition.

Congratulations to you.

Ha! The wife said the same thing. I just thought it had the best lighting. Thanks by the way (y)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,330
Messages
1,573,191
Members
169,722
Latest member
Gahdnaeet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top