Thinking of selling my .404

Beautiful rifle.

Thank you for all your kind words, do any of the big bore enthusiasts have any idea on what it would be worth?

May I ask why you think you will never use it? Plains Game only??
The only reason I bought the rifle was for a back up of a back up of a back up and the I knew the maker well so nostalgia kicked in. Also the cabinets are just getting a bit too full and I would rather have the memories of the trip than another beautiful rifle sitting there where no one see or uses it.

British Sporting Arms (BSA) will get this rifle to the US, no problem. They are very good at what they do.
Thank you for this I will get in contact with them on Monday and see what they have to say

I would use it for plains game, whitetails, spring black bear, teasing my friends....
It's a bit different here in the UK we can't just use big calibers where we want to. They have to be cleared for the land and they wont do that with a .404 so I can't even hunt with it here!!
Also there is a lot of people everywhere you seem to go so letting off a massive bang or two isn't the best idea especially with the current crap we are all getting with antis. I only use rifles with moderators now, unless I want to take the double out for a early season walk

That's so unfortunate that you cannot hunt with whatever rifle you choose.

At least you can use a suppressor. One is an evil shady person who would go to jail if you were caught with one In Canada.

I can use a 458 Lott for gopher hunting I guess, and the mailman still brings guns to my door.

Every country has its share of ridiculous laws brought about by a vocal minority raising hell.

In the last few years a local outdoor range was forced to close because some people built houses near it, and they complained about the noise......

That's so unfortunate that you cannot hunt with whatever rifle you choose.

At least you can use a suppressor. One is an evil shady person who would go to jail if you were caught with one In Canada.

I can use a 458 Lott for gopher hunting I guess, and the mailman still brings guns to my door.

Every country has its share of ridiculous laws brought about by a vocal minority raising hell.

In the last few years a local outdoor range was forced to close because some people built houses near it, and they complained about the noise......
Its a big thing in the UK to use moderators on our rifles and thank god we can or I would be even harder of hearing than I already am!

Our gun laws are pretty strict but sometimes its a good thing. I have never personally had much problem with the law, but I know many have.

That's ridiculous that they were there first and still had to shut down. Just the way the world is going now.

Stalker91, for sure that is one gorgeous rifle. Have you looked at the site "Guns International?" Even if you don't list your rifle there it may give you an idea as to where your rifle should be priced. Like others have said, "too bad you are not in the U.S."

It's a bit different here in the UK we can't just use big calibers where we want to. They have to be cleared for the land and they wont do that with a .404 so I can't even hunt with it here!!
Also there is a lot of people everywhere you seem to go so letting off a massive bang or two isn't the best idea especially with the current crap we are all getting with antis. I only use rifles with moderators now, unless I want to take the double out for a early season walk

Any chance you could get it cleared for boar in the UK?

Stalker91, for sure that is one gorgeous rifle. Have you looked at the site "Guns International?" Even if you don't list your rifle there it may give you an idea as to where your rifle should be priced. Like others have said, "too bad you are not in the U.S."
I haven't yet looked on GI but I will do shortly, the problem I'm having is he didn't make a lot of guns for him self he worked on all the London/Birmingham best guns. Yes I do sometimes wish we had as many African hunter here as the US!

Any chance you could get it cleared for boar in the UK?
I could possibly but I don't have access to boar in the UK and I have a .300wm with an aimpoint on for that ;)

Did this rifle sell? I can’t seem to find a price. Maybe my eyes are older that I thought?

Not to old sir. It’s not sold, still not sure what to advertise it for. PM me if you want to discuss

I'd like a guestimate of export/import costs to know if it is even worth contacting the seller. It looks like the rifle I am trying to buy but, I don't know if it is Rigby, Weatherby, or Winchester priced.

;)

Before you can determine the cost you have to know who you will use to complete the export from England and import to the U.S.. I have imported a shotgun from London one time. The total cost was $1440, in addition to what I paid for the gun.

I’ve done it twice but I did it myself both times. I didn’t find the paperwork that daunting. It was a few hundred bucks each time.

Before you can determine the cost you have to know who you will use to complete the export from England and import to the U.S.. I have imported a shotgun from London one time. The total cost was $1440, in addition to what I paid for the gun.

That's a huge expense. Was it mainly taxation on an expensive shotgun or was it just "white glove" service?

That's a huge expense. Was it mainly taxation on an expensive shotgun or was it just "white glove" service?
Here is the document with personal information removed. The sxs gun cost me $3300.

Attachments

• document.pdf
    609.6 KB · Views: 179

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg