Theory of relativity

GA Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I always considered the physics geeks to be a bunch of eggheads with too much time on their hands, whose parents probably didn’t let them go outside very often. But I think that Einstein guy was onto something with that theory of relativity. Honestly I even thought most of what it suggested was nonsense right up until the day I booked my first trip to Africa. Immediately after doing so I noticed that time seemed to slow down. As each day passed it seemed to get slower and slower. THEN!! Then I stepped on the plane and it nearly stopped. After what seemed like a week we finally touched down. The next 7 days went by so fast I don’t think I’d remember any of it if I hadn’t taken pictures. Thank goodness I did. All returned to normal and time ticked on as usual as soon as I got home.

If I make it through the next few days without going mad, I’ll be sitting by a campfire in Namibia one week from now.

BD

the theory of relativity is very real. Not only does it apply to time but also to guns. For example it matters if the gun is a long gun or a handgun. A cartridge fired from a handgun such as the 44 magnum will be considered adequate for the taking of game the size of moose and eland however the same cartridge in a rifle will be considered marginal for even the smaller variations of deer. It's all relative, but do make sure that you take more pictures than you think you'll need because you need all of them after you decompress..

I’ve always preferred the theory of relatively over the theory of relativity...

For example... I am relatively sure it’s time to buy another rifle...

Or...

I’m relatively convinced I should go deer hunting in the morning...

:)

A student is taking the train back to MIT, and realizes that Albert Einstein just sat down in the seat next to him! Excitedly, the student asks: "Excuse me, professor. Does Boston stop at this train?"

I am relatively certain that this relativity nonsense is going to drive me insane over the next 24 hours.

@TRAVEL EXPRESS has assured me that DC, Addis Ababa, and Windhoek are all going to stop at my plane.

All joking aside, I’m now in the stage that always passes a little to quickly for me. As time ticks down on trips like this I try to get together with or speak to my close friends and of course family. There always seems to be at least one person that I can’t connect with because our schedules dont line up. I guess I should look forward to when a I step off the plane on my return and time is normal again. Those will be the first people I seek out and share my adventure with.

Good luck, and shoot straight. May the hunting Gods cast good spells on you. Anxiously waiting to read your report and see some great pictures.

I’ve always preferred the theory of relatively over the theory of relativity...

For example... I am relatively sure it’s time to buy another rifle...

Or...

I’m relatively convinced I should go deer hunting in the morning...

:)
@mdwest
And I'm absolutely sure the is a definite posability of a may be in there somewhere as well.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg