The Royal Bengal Tiger Which Almost Did Me In

Great encounter Major Khan. I have read few of your articles and they are very impressive. I am kind of new to this forum. I have spent most of my time acquiring fire arms. I reload all my calibers. May be in a year or two God willing I will make my trip to Africa. By the way I am a Hindu Hunter in the US.
It is a privilege to make your acquaintance , Krish . I wish you the greatest success in your African Safari.
I myself have Africa set within my sights, some time within the next 3 years . My dream African game is a Blue Wildebeest and an African Lion.
What calibres do you typically reload for ? Is your safari going to be a plains game safari , a dangerous game safari or s mixed bag safari ?

Well I have from 270 winchester on up to 505 Gibbs. My favorite is 340 why. After a long time I acquired a 375 wby mark v DG last month. Normaly I acquire brass ,bullets, and dies before the rifle. I enjoy reloading the cartridges. I left India just few years after the Bangladesh war. I got a few Ruger RSMS each in 375hh, 416 rigby, 458 lott. Currently trying to get a 450 rigby. It is lot of fun. I hunt for white tail dear, wild boar, Elk. Not no where near your experience.

Wow Maj Khan, another fantastic story full of adrenaline. You are one lucky man to have had your friend there to save the day. Again, thank you sir for sharing your great stories.

Well I have from 270 winchester on up to 505 Gibbs. My favorite is 340 why. After a long time I acquired a 375 wby mark v DG last month. Normaly I acquire brass ,bullets, and dies before the rifle. I enjoy reloading the cartridges. I left India just few years after the Bangladesh war. I got a few Ruger RSMS each in 375hh, 416 rigby, 458 lott. Currently trying to get a 450 rigby. It is lot of fun. I hunt for white tail dear, wild boar, Elk. Not no where near your experience.
Here, now ... you sound like a gentleman with most excellent taste , Krish ! I stayed back in Bangladesh permanently after the 1971 Liberation War came to an end on the 16th of December . And your experience sounds enviable ! I always dreamt of shooting an American White Tail deer or an American Elk some day .
To say nothing of getting to fire a .505 Gibbs calibre rifle someday . I am truly privileged that you have begun to comment on my articles , Krish . Otherwise , I never would have had the privilege to get acquainted with a fellow former Indian on African Hunting Forums . Most of us , who love shikar ended up leaving India after 1972 .

Wow Maj Khan, another fantastic story full of adrenaline. You are one lucky man to have had your friend there to save the day. Again, thank you sir for sharing your great stories.
I cannot begin to describe how fortunate I was , PARA45 ! Not only did I end up surviving the entire ordeal.... But I ended up surviving this close brush with death COMPLETELY UNSCATHED . It was as if the Lord Himself sent old Tobin to rescue me on that fateful day .

Maj Khan sir, are you still living in India, and do you still hunt?

Maj Khan sir, are you still living in India, and do you still hunt?
Of course not , PARA45 ! Those retards who currently run India have banned hunting since 1972, after the passing of the so called " Wild Life Protection Act - 1972 " .
I would rather live in another country , rather than live in a country where I am not allowed to hunt .
I have lived in Bangladesh since 1972 as a permanent citizen , and I could NEVER imagine a life without hunting . I hunt multiple times through out the year in Bangladesh ( with the required police permission ) and I hope to , for the rest of my ( hopefully very long ) life .

Good for you sir, and I wish you many, many years joyful hunting.

MAJOR The hardest part with 505 is finding the right load. The case is so big. If you fill it with slow powder you can get the desired 2200f/s but some powder wont be burnt. That will cause problem for the next cartridge. You can use little faster powder and fill it. Then your velocity goes up in 2400f/s. All the powder is burnt but too hard on the shoulder. I dont like to use fillers. If you dont use the filler then secondary ignition occurs that can be fatal. I am still working on it. There is RL 33 and Norma 217 I am going to try next.

What a breath-taking story. You three have added a wonderful dimension to the forum.

Thank you Major, this has brought visibility to a whole era of hunting I have not read up on and I value this content.
I was born in 1970.
It is my utmost privilege to share my reminiscences with such fine gentlemen such as yourselves , Shark ZA . I was 29 years old in 1970.

Yikes! Reading this sent chills up my spine! Another exciting tale! Thanks again!

Yikes! Reading this sent chills up my spine! Another exciting tale! Thanks again!
It was bone chilling to have to live through it , Ridge Walker ! If I ever have to contend with an unwounded male royal Bengal tiger ever again , then I will have you behind me with your .375 Holland & Holland magnum calibre Winchester Model 70 , in order to act as my reinforcements !
My " Old Belgian " is just the correct medicine for large forest panthers . However , for a fully mature unwounded male royal Bengal tiger ... a large calibre centre fire rifle is the only way to go .

Wow! What a heart pumping story Major! They just keep getting better and better! Just amazing! Thanks again for another great story!

Wow! What a heart pumping story Major! They just keep getting better and better! Just amazing! Thanks again for another great story!
It is my privilege that you have enjoyed this article , Uncle Sauce . Thank you so much for your kind words . Keep a weather eye open . I shall hopefully be writing a brand new article tomorrow night .

Thank you for sharing this account of a very close call ! I have enjoyed your writing immensely.

If I ever have to contend with an unwounded male royal Bengal tiger ever again , then I will have you behind me with your .375 Holland & Holland magnum calibre Winchester Model 70 , in order to act as my reinforcements !
It would be my honor Poton!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg